• zzzz

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Weekly Writing Prompt 11/29-12/05

I'm not sure how well this will work, but what if a topic was posted weekly and after the topic's posted, people can write a short story in response and we could even vote for our favorite? Who's willing to give it a shot? Post your short stories here!

This week's topic:

If you could choose to "turn back time" and change the past what would you do?

We are talking big events here, NOT personal moments. Explain why you have chosen a particular event and what difference you believe your intervention would make to the world.

Minimum 300 words
      Maximum 1000 words

Spoiler:  

If you don't want to be mentioned, please PM myself or Rukia

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: Weekly Writing Prompt 11/29-12/05

Change a big event? Might have been easier staying with personal moments.

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

.-.

Fine, I will accept either.

That means you have to post, @Expendable . !

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I'll see what I can do.

I quite like this idea. I must admit, I'm not here as much as I would like to be- as you may (or more likely- may not) notice by my infrequent posting but when i am able, Id get involved

[less than three]

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Choose an event, eh? I CHOOSE YOU, HITLER! *Pokéball crack*

Spoiler:  
      My breaths came in ragged rasps punctuated by wheezing coughs wrought with pain. Behind my eyes was a permanent firework display celebrating the bonfire day taking place in my brain. Looking down, I released pressure on my abdomen and swallowed a shudder as the small pocket I created filled with blood in earnest. A short yelp sounded off down the alley I was currently dying in, and I looked over to find one of the single most radiant women I've ever seen. "Hilfe bitte..."(Help please) I pleaded with her, hoping that she'd not run off at the sight of me dying. Before I passed out, all I saw was her darting from the mouth of the alley and out of sight. "Ah... ok then..."

-------------

In hindsight, going back to World War 2 after Hitler was probably not my smartest decision. I'd got the time and his approximate location as of then, all was set up perfectly; I'd kill him at his own birthday. With my idiocy, I'd forgotten to take into account two things; one, the wrath and anger of a father, and two, the fact this fucking watch only lets me go backwards. I appeared in the front room of his projected childhood house ready to stop one of the worst atrocities the world has ever seen, and found them having the birthing right then and there. Alois Hitler, my objective's father, noticed me first and then my knife. I can't help but think I should have prepared better, especially when mine and Alois' toussle resulted in me being tossed out the front bay window with my own knife in my gut. I crushed the watch in the fall, destroying it and slipping through yet more time.

-------------

I'd learned it was 1836, I was in Lower Austria, and that the woman who'd saved me was a delightful person all around by the time I was out of the hospital. She'd been visiting me constantly during my recuperation and we hit it off well. Honestly, I'd left my own family nearly two hundred years later, and my chances of getting back to them was nil, so I jumped at the chance of a companionship that she seemed not too averse to in the slightest. Indeed, Maria Schicklgruber was a catch but it was ultimately destined to fail. My body gave out less than a year later when she was halfway pregnant with my child.

End

It's short and might be slightly confusing, yeah. But if you look up the names, or already know them, then you'll see the ultimate outcome of my failed attempt to kill Hitler. I just thought that, knowing my luck, I'd be completing the perfect anti-thesis of my own plan. XXD I was going to choose Mao originally, but I, frankly, don't know enough about him. Same for Stalin. So who's better next? The ol' lad Hitler. I flirted with the idea of failing all three of them massively and trying to then eradicate their common ancestor in a few tens of thousands BC, then discovering that they shared a common ancestor with some of the greatest people to have ever lived, leading me to just get eaten by some big, ancient, beastie. Or cannibals or something, I dunno. It just seemed like a bit too much work and like it'd overflow 1000 words unless I made it insanely convoluted and confusing. I'mma just post it here because there's no rule stating we need to plop it in it's own thread or send it to you.

CLICK ME, YOU BENDERS!

Quote Originally Posted by VaanDiablo View Post
      Choose an event, eh? I CHOOSE YOU, HITLER! *Pokéball crack*

Spoiler:  
      My breaths came in ragged rasps punctuated by wheezing coughs wrought with pain. Behind my eyes was a permanent firework display celebrating the bonfire day taking place in my brain. Looking down, I released pressure on my abdomen and swallowed a shudder as the small pocket I created filled with blood in earnest. A short yelp sounded off down the alley I was currently dying in, and I looked over to find one of the single most radiant women I've ever seen. "Hilfe bitte..."(Help please) I pleaded with her, hoping that she'd not run off at the sight of me dying. Before I passed out, all I saw was her darting from the mouth of the alley and out of sight. "Ah... ok then..."

-------------

In hindsight, going back to World War 2 after Hitler was probably not my smartest decision. I'd got the time and his approximate location as of then, all was set up perfectly; I'd kill him at his own birthday. With my idiocy, I'd forgotten to take into account two things; one, the wrath and anger of a father, and two, the fact this fucking watch only lets me go backwards. I appeared in the front room of his projected childhood house ready to stop one of the worst atrocities the world has ever seen, and found them having the birthing right then and there. Alois Hitler, my objective's father, noticed me first and then my knife. I can't help but think I should have prepared better, especially when mine and Alois' toussle resulted in me being tossed out the front bay window with my own knife in my gut. I crushed the watch in the fall, destroying it and slipping through yet more time.

-------------

I'd learned it was 1836, I was in Lower Austria, and that the woman who'd saved me was a delightful person all around by the time I was out of the hospital. She'd been visiting me constantly during my recuperation and we hit it off well. Honestly, I'd left my own family nearly two hundred years later, and my chances of getting back to them was nil, so I jumped at the chance of a companionship that she seemed not too averse to in the slightest. Indeed, Maria Schicklgruber was a catch but it was ultimately destined to fail. My body gave out less than a year later when she was halfway pregnant with my child.

End
      Honestly well written, I applaud you. I did have to google the name but from the flow and the imagery I got I already assumed who the lady was. Irony always works incredibly well with time travel and this is a brilliant example of it.
        Spoiler:  
      Go back to stop a madmen end up giving birth to the madmen.
      Short and sweet but nails the prompt. Good show.
      When Angels fall with broken wings, I can't give up, I can't give in
      When all is lost and daylight ends, I'll carry you and we will live forever, forever ~ Breaking Benjamin When Angels Fall

[less than three]

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

:3 Thanks babe. Alois wasn't a bad guy, he was tight. Dude was just a normal guy from humble origins who grew well as a human being. Your typical hard working father. His son just had a few problems, and from them stemmed one of the largest massacres the planet has ever seen. XXD

CLICK ME, YOU BENDERS!

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Great entries! Today's the last day to get them in for this week! Next week starts a brand new prompt!

Do we want to do a poll on our favorite?

Thread Information