• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • View Poll Results: Where are you up to?

Voters
    8. You may not vote on this poll
    • I've finished reading this manga

2 25.00%
    • I've dropped this manga

4 50.00%
    • I'm still reading

2 25.00%
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MBC: FLCL - Discussion thread

I must say that I am having a tough time really enjoying it. The art does not speak to me, the story is meh..... Till now I am really not at all interested, and am having a tough time finishing it.
      The characters are just....not fun, not what I am really sitting at the edge of my couch. The story is not the good "confusing". And with this I do not mean, not really confusingbut feels confusing, but it just makes poor use of this confuseness.
      For now, I am bored with it.....

Yikes

Kiss, Date, Break The Legs

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Akkya View Post
      I must say that I am having a tough time really enjoying it. The art does not speak to me, the story is meh..... Till now I am really not at all interested, and am having a tough time finishing it.
      The characters are just....not fun, not what I am really sitting at the edge of my couch. The story is not the good "confusing". And with this I do not mean, not really confusingbut feels confusing, but it just makes poor use of this confuseness.
      For now, I am bored with it.....
      I agree.

Stale bread is just lazy made croutons.

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I read about 6 of the chapters out of the 17 and I was lost the whole time. Seemed like some flash backs happened before I was aware, then it went to its normal story.
      I wasn't a huge fan of the anime because mechs aren't really my thing. Tried to give the manga a go but I'm not really in the mood to finish it. I have no idea what's really gone in the story for a minute.

I agree that the art style just doesnt resonate with me. I dislike the harsh lines and sharpness.

Poking things with sticks *poke, poke*

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I have to say I am also getting lost now too, Ive read a few more chapters and sometimes I find Im staring at the same panel for a while as I have no idea what Im looking at.

How are people getting on in general? has anyone finished, or given up completely?

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I've given up completely, sorry. This just doesn't agree with me.

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

We have been reading for a few weeks now, so are we ready to look at starting a new manga?

I've popped a poll at the top, if majority have finished or dropped I'll get a new sign up going after easter weekend.

@Solanthus @RyuKai @Sphere @Sakurazukamori @Orange @CookieRaider @DarkStorm2Bad @Indλx @Zombuel @KawaiiKiwi @Jaxxiz8000 @Maki-chan @Foolman @ChisanaKotei @Morning Rose @kaname kuran @Expendable @Beex @CrimsonRose94 @Anrelia @Moulders @Freya_123 @IDDQD @Ithuriel @Akkya @AnimeBrit @That's Our Eric! @1ball1der

For those that have finished or dropped what have been your overall thoughts?
      How does it compare to the anime? (if you've watched it)
      Would you recommend it?

🐱scratch🐱
      R.I.P. Beex cat :(

zzzz

Country
      USA
      AL Points

For those that have finished or dropped what have been your overall thoughts?

I have dropped this as far as the book club is concerned. I will someday finish it just to give it the fairest chance possible. This is because of how much I love the anime.

How does it compare to the anime? (if you've watched it)

It compares poorly. The story seems to jump around. I often find myself wondering what is going on. But not in the good way the anime did. Two new seasons for the anime are coming out by the way.

Would you recommend it?

I would recommend it to fans of the anime but let them know it is not as good.
      "Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Sig by Ioreth

A&M ~ Hogwart's Clan ~ GD

The infidel is dead

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I'm still reading but I'll probably drop it sometime soon. I didn't really enjoy the Anime, but I did enjoy the manga more. I would still reccommend it to someone, but I'd always include a disclaimer that they might be put off by the art. Although the art is by no means the worst that I've seen.
      "Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

I have dropped it....generally I want to and five mangas a long time-chance, but this one not. Although the art style is not bad, I just do not find it fitting. I love how the landscapes are drawn, but for a manga, for a story, not to my liking. I just cannot enjoy it for the reading.
      The story, as I mentioned before, is just not interesting. I have set the anime on my to watch-list due to most comments here. So maybe that one will be better. I think I would recommend to friends that might be interested on such types of mangas, but I would definitely tell them my opinion about it.
      I am sure ready to try a new one!

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

As I've said before, I've dropped the manga because I found that while unique and interesting, the art style doesn't appeal to me. I got kind of sick of it and how jumpy the entire manga seemed to be. It gave me a heacache and it was hard to keep track of what was happening and why. Usually I'm able to stick to a manga to give it a fair chance... but this was... too much of headache tbh. I wouldn't recommend it.

Geeky

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Just can't get into it. I think this is mostly because I saw the anime first.

I read the first part of the manga but didnt read the second but i liked the anime better.

The infidel is dead

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
      it was hard to keep track of what was happening and why.
      Faithful to the Anime then! (Or the anime faithful to the manga)
      "Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

don't forget to vote for what you would like to read

http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...gn-up-amp-Poll

Pocky points will be given out soon. If you don't get any this time round it will be because you didn't meet the 4 post requirement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information