• Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Poking things with sticks *poke, poke*

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

MBC - 3am Dangerous Zone - discussion thread

MANGA BOOK CLUB PRESENTS...

Simply click on either links to begin and away you go!

GENRAS
      Comedy, Romance, Josei

SUMMARY
      Momoko, who dreams of becoming an illustrator, finds employment in an ultra fast-paced office that specializes in designing pachinko parlors!! With the office running a yazuka-like business and employing a designer, who has a habit of suddenly stripping in the middle of the night, Momoko believes that the company employees are a bit... no, definitely eccentric!! She continues pulling all-nighters, unable even to return home... And in the midst of cigarette-filled fumes, where women's authority takes a step back, she asks herself, "What am I doing here?"
      LINKS
      Link 1 - Link 2

(Please report any dead or faulty links to a member of the A&M Moderation)

When discussing the novel, we ask members to please include the chapter or page number
      as it will be beneficial in establishing whether members have reached the same stage.

As well as remembering to spoiler your discussion to avoid disappointment and ruining it for
      members who've not yet reached the chapter you are currently are on.

Example: [SPOILER]text here[/SPOILER]

RULES
      Be friendly to one another during discussions and welcome anyone new.

All board-wide rules apply - see HERE.

If you do not post at least 4 times in the discussion thread,
      you will not qualify for Pocky Points (see below).

Read together, discuss and ENJOY !

REWARDS
      After signing up and participating in member's discussion, you will receive a Pocky Awards
      badge as part of the 'Pocky Program' with each manga read, club
      members can look forward to not only the story, but gaining another stick of pocky.

= 1st manga read
      = 2nd manga read
      = 3rd manga read
      = 4
      th manga read
      (and so on ...)

Mentions

Kiss, Date, Break The Legs

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: MBC - 3am Dangerous Zone - discussion thread

Yoshaa! I'm starting this one right away because the art style just appeals to me nghhh <3

Stale bread is just lazy made croutons.

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I will get to it soon enough ... Was thinking around 3 for some reason

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Read it ~ Took a couple hours or so bit did it in one sitting!! ~ funny in a lot of places a little sad in others ~ the fast office paced parts remind me of the anime Shirobako & Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi ~ Overall, really good! ^.^
      CrimsonRose94

Piratey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I've read the first chapter so far, it's certainly not something I would usually read. There are some funny bits but meh it's boring me a bti.

The infidel is dead

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Starting this on Sunday, it looks appealing from first sight and a quick scan through the pages.
      "Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I just finished and well... I think that its a really refreshing manga. Theres no heart thumping moments of suspense like in action manga and its very life-like? Like when you read it, you feel like 'ah.. This really could happen irl.'. The art style is cute. The characters are likeable. Its a nice read.

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_ap_Evan View Post
      I've read the first chapter so far, it's certainly not something I would usually read. There are some funny bits but meh it's boring me a bti.
      I agree on that there are boring bits as well as I wouldn't really read ... but is a nice story
      CrimsonRose94

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
      I just finished and well... I think that its a really refreshing manga. Theres no heart thumping moments of suspense like in action manga and its very life-like? Like when you read it, you feel like 'ah.. This really could happen irl.'. The art style is cute. The characters are likeable. Its a nice read.
      I agree with the "irl" sense as well as the art style but I normally prefer/leaning to the anime clear/clean cut (right way to put it?) type of drawing so I don't get mixed up in too many lines to look at ... Also I like my "heart thumping moments" makes story/scene more interesting for me ...
      CrimsonRose94

Piratey

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRose94 View Post
      I agree on that there are boring bits as well as I wouldn't really read ... but is a nice story
      I just think it's not for me, story is not very interesting to me and I find the main character a tad bit irritating.
      Some of the other characters are funny from time to time but that's not enough for me. I'll keep reading though opinions can always change.

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_ap_Evan View Post
      I just think it's not for me, story is not very interesting to me and I find the main character a tad bit irritating.
      Some of the other characters are funny from time to time but that's not enough for me. I'll keep reading though opinions can always change.
      I know what you mean, at first I was about to stop because it was kind of boring to start off but I stuck with it for the funny parts and noticed since it only have 15 chapters or so I would just stick with it.
      For me main character was a type I've read before so didn't really have much an opinion on her apart from the funny parts... I liked the male co-workers better ~ Characters and funny parts better than main character's in some/a lot of places
      CrimsonRose94

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonRose94 View Post
      I agree with the "irl" sense as well as the art style but I normally prefer/leaning to the anime clear/clean cut (right way to put it?) type of drawing so I don't get mixed up in too many lines to look at ... Also I like my "heart thumping moments" makes story/scene more interesting for me ...
      I get what you're saying. The dialogue took some getting used to becuase it wasn't really clear who was saying what. As for the heart thumping bits, well, I can understand the appeal of that. I much prefer shonen manga because of that but this 'realistic' slow-ish paced feel is not too bad. The situation in the manga is probably the most achievable. Not too interesting but not too dull either. It's a nice balance. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to anyone but its not on my 'shit list' either :'D Although, the side characters seemed to be more interesting that the main characters at some points. I really wanna know more about that yakuza like sales rep :'D

Arty

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Spoiler:  
      I'm on Chapter one and going slowly through it. It's not my idea of a Manga I like to read, but I can see a lot of similarities between her job and mine. You get close to tipping point and about to walk out but then you can't let other people down. Also, the thrill of being needed and the saviour makes you feel needed and wanted, but you're not actually valued or paid for the level of work you do. It's fairly haunting and realistic. I wonder if the author has experience of the job given how realistic that aspect seems.
      Check out my weekly Wresting show on Youtube.

The Wrestling Wreview

Poking things with sticks *poke, poke*

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I need to start still though it will be my second time reading this one ^^

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by epo1984 View Post
        Spoiler:  
      I'm on Chapter one and going slowly through it. It's not my idea of a Manga I like to read, but I can see a lot of similarities between her job and mine. You get close to tipping point and about to walk out but then you can't let other people down. Also, the thrill of being needed and the saviour makes you feel needed and wanted, but you're not actually valued or paid for the level of work you do. It's fairly haunting and realistic. I wonder if the author has experience of the job given how realistic that aspect seems.
      i agree with you with realistic aspect and you must a very hectic or fast-paced job by comparing/identifying with the busy schedule!
      CrimsonRose94

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information