• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Poking things with sticks *poke, poke*

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

MBC - Time Stranger Kyoko - discussion thread

MANGA BOOK CLUB PRESENTS...

Simply click on either links to begin and away you go!

AUTHOR: Tanemura Arina OTHER WORKS: Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Shunkan Lyle, ION
      GENRAS
      Adventure, Fantasy, Romance, Shoujo

SUMMARY
      Kyoko Suomi is the princess of Earth in the 30th century. Kyoko lives among the commoners, unwilling to reveal her true identity and ascend the throne. The king will allow Kyoko to live as she pleases if she can revive her twin sister Ui, who has been trapped in time since birth.
      LINKS
      Link 1 - Link 2 - Link 3

(Please report any dead or faulty links to a member of the A&M Moderation)

When discussing the novel, we ask members to please include the chapter or page number
      as it will be beneficial in establishing whether members have reached the same stage.

As well as remembering to spoiler your discussion to avoid disappointment and ruining it for
      members who've not yet reached the chapter you are currently are on.

Example: [SPOILER]text here[/SPOILER]

RULES
      Be friendly to one another during discussions and welcome anyone new.

All board-wide rules apply - see HERE.

If you do not post at least 4 times in the discussion thread,
      you will not qualify for Pocky Points (see below).

Read together, discuss and ENJOY !

REWARDS
      After signing up and participating in member's discussion, you will receive a Pocky Awards
      badge as part of the 'Pocky Program' with each manga read, club
      members can look forward to not only the story, but gaining another stick of pocky.

= 1st manga read
      = 2nd manga read
      = 3rd manga read
      = 4
      th manga read
      (and so on ...)

Mentions

Last edited by _Phi_; 05-11-2016 at 07:53 PM.

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: MBC - Time Stranger Kyoko - discussion thread

I feel a little anxious posting first but here it goes!

Chapter 1 (full chapter)
        Spoiler:  
      From first glance I found the first page hard to move past, it didn't really capture my attention but I managed to push past it and read the first chapter.
      Did anyone else find the comical element as funny as I did? I could just imagine a modern day princess with a staff coming behind someone and walloping them one.
      I'm not too sure I like the King's pet though, it's a little creepy to me as it really looks like Kyoko and Ui.

For a first chapter though it's in my opinion a good start to what the story summary suggests. Wasn't quite expecting the relaxed and strict brothers/body guards though, although the youngest being to the books doesn't surprise me.
      Unsure if the leader of the Smashers Gang is going to be relevant at all I'm presuming not with a last line of "making you mine" does leave you wondering.

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

funny manga ^.^

Spoiler:  
      The brothers interaction is funny and how the princess is so laid back or when she tries different methods to awaken the stone when she first tries! (i mean who can bribe a atone haha) also the people's reaction when that gang interrupts the ceremony was funny too ~ hehe ...
      A cool scene I think is when the brothers answer her command to come and protect her at the ceremony (her clicking her fingers) also when she goes all serious princess while announcing who she really is!
      Another amusing scene is when they ask what she can do she just says the same thing 3 times! haha
      CrimsonRose94

Wandering the sea of stars

Innocent

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I will start soon! Could we maybe add the mangaka's name and a few of her other works in the first post, to help improve our manga culture? I know I've read other manga as I recognise her style!

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by neozero View Post
      I will start soon! Could we maybe add the mangaka's name and a few of her other works in the first post, to help improve our manga culture? I know I've read other manga as I recognise her style!
      I suppose I could do that would you think that would be useful for the sign ups too?

Interesting manga.
      Chapter 1 (full chapter)
        Spoiler:  
      So finished the first chapter. It was a bit hard at the beginning but maybe it just because I usually don't read manga Felt a bit strange to get thrown in something like the middle of the story because I felt like there was no proper introduction. For example, who let her go to real school if she The Only princess of the world and why she has the stone which could wake up sister but somehow only Kyoko can "talk wit it". Maybe in later chapters I will get all answers

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by sykas View Post
      Interesting manga.
      Chapter 1 (full chapter)
        Spoiler:  
      So finished the first chapter. It was a bit hard at the beginning but maybe it just because I usually don't read manga Felt a bit strange to get thrown in something like the middle of the story because I felt like there was no proper introduction. For example, who let her go to real school if she The Only princess of the world and why she has the stone which could wake up sister but somehow only Kyoko can "talk wit it". Maybe in later chapters I will get all answers
      @sykas
      You make an interesting point there
        Spoiler:  
      Although it seems her father allowed her to have her wish, she seems strong willed enough to be absent from all important events and as she requested to go to a regular school I reckon her father just wants her happy, probably believing if he does as she asks, she'll learn that way what it will take to be a Queen one day once he's gone?
      If you compare it to say our UK monarchy, it's almost like she's Princess Diana, common and down with " lower class" although lady di wasn't common common, but I mean she got along with us regular people and was a true rose.
      As for the Stone, it could be something within that can mind talk? Like step inside her and only be heard by her like a conscious or maybe a sixth sense!

@CrimsonRose94
        Spoiler:  
      the food bribe!! I would have spoken just for the food alone

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Interesting read

Spoiler:  
      She wants to be just like everyone else, not left standing alone on a pedestal to be worshiped from afar. Her desire to hide her true identity makes sense to me, as it allows her a normal life. But still, haven't her friends wonder why they've never been invited over to her house?

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Soooooo started reading time stranger kyoko, I had no idea what was going on nothing made sense, turns out I was on chapter 0 and its all mini 1 pagers... I'm going to start at the actual beginning tonight and hope it makes more sense XD

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

So considering I've been travelling for 4 hours I decided to read on into Chapter 2

Spoiler:  
      humorous again, although I get Kyoko has only recently only just awoken her staff why does chapter 2 exist? I'm extremely mixed with it. Was her dress that important for the story? So happy to see Widoshiku again though. Something about them makes me happy.
      Fishing for chocolate though guys, who's up for giving that a go at some point?

The infidel is dead

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

It's been alright so far, the last one I never got round to so I intend to get through this. I'm... on the fence but its only been a single chapter.
      "Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause, each one of us must fight on to the end."

Earl Douglas Haig, Order to the British Army, 12 April 1918

So death, the most terrifying of ills, is nothing to us, since so long as we exist, death is not with us; but when death comes, then we do not exist. It does not then concern either the living or the dead, since the former it is not, and the latter are no more.

Epicurus Letter to Menoeceus

The second chapter was a bit baffling and I can sum up it in few words - dress lace DDDDD

🐱scratch🐱
      R.I.P. Beex cat :(

zzzz

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
      Interesting read

Spoiler:  
      She wants to be just like everyone else, not left standing alone on a pedestal to be worshiped from afar. Her desire to hide her true identity makes sense to me, as it allows her a normal life. But still, haven't her friends wonder why they've never been invited over to her house?

Spoiler:  
      But they ended up at her house after all at the end of the first chapter. I really thought they would have played the hidden identity thing a bit more. Perhaps her classmates are all going to keep the secret from the rest of the world?

But I gotta say, it's interesting. Pretty funny. Descent art. I'm curious how the hunt for the stones will go. Makes me thing of Harry, Ron, and Hemione hunting down horcruxes. Oh and will she get new powers for every stone she finds?
      "Cats should stick with other cats, it's only natural."

Sig by Ioreth

A&M ~ Hogwart's Clan ~ GD

Spoiler Chapter 1
        Spoiler:  

I wonder how they managed to rig it so Aniki bodyguard is the class teacher even though no one apparently knows about the princess.

I also wonder how Aniki and Otouto bodyguards "refine day and night their combat skills" while also never leaving the princess for a moment.

This first chapter was surprisingly good though. It's funny and it's an interesting plot; a girl trying to *avoid* being a princess.

It was great how Kyoko jumped down and confronted those scoundrels by herself. Many fictional princesses teach girls that all they need to do is be pretty and everyone will do what they want. Or at least the ones coming out of Hollywood do.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

🐍 Admin & ALJ Hmod 🐍
      If it harm none, do what you will.

Bitey

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Read the first chapter and so far it seems really cute. I look forward to reading more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information