• Poorly
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • View Poll Results: MBC - what do you want to read?

Voters
    11. You may not vote on this poll
    • Sola

5 45.45%
    • 6 no Trigger

2 18.18%
    • +C: Sword and Cornett

1 9.09%
    • Kamichu!

1 9.09%
    • Lasboss x Hero

2 18.18%
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Poking things with sticks *poke, poke*

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

~ SIGN UPS ~

The aim of the club is to get members reading again, it will be a fun way of also discussing a similar subject, broadening on your preferred genres and making new friends.

HOW IT WORKS
      Each month we will read a selected manga that is to be decided by a poll. As we progress through at our own pace we can discuss aspects such as the plot, character development and artwork. Spoiler tags will need to be placed to ensure that we don't ruin the manga for others who may not read as quickly. Additionally, because this is a reemerging club, we plan to begin with shorter series manga and advance accordingly.

RULES
      Be friendly to one another
      No hentai/yaoi/yuri series
      All board-wide rules apply
      If you do not post at least 4 times in the discussion thread, you will not qualify for pocky points (see below).

POTENTIAL MANGA OPTIONS
      These are the selected manga were going to be looking at for our next read (check out the spoiler). Hope your all excited! Below are the titles we've chosen, along with a short description and links available, all of which are "free to read" manga so that everyone can take part and enjoy.

Spoiler:  

Sola
      Genera: Drama, Fantasy, Romance, Shounen Chapters: 15
      Summary: Yorito is a high school student who likes to take photographs of the sky. A chance meeting introduces him to Matsuri, but she is no ordinary girl—it turns out that she's actually a 350 year-old Yaka, an immortal being that cannot go out into the light! As such, Matsuri has been forced to live a life of solitude, and Yorito is the first friend she's ever had.But there is much more to the Yaka than first meets the eye, and a sword-wielding man named Takeshi seems intent on harming Matsuri, but for what reason?
      Now thrust into a supernatural battle, will Yorito have the courage to protect their friendship for Matsuri's sake?

6 no Trigger
      Genera: Action, Sci-Fi, Shounen Chapters: 20
      Summary: A unique take on the 'assasin-for-hire' story, as the assasin 'Tsubame' actually is four different people with four different modes to kill. Penguin is a small quiet kid who has beastly sniper skills, Washi (Owl) has a huge gattling gun grafted to his shoulder to mow down his enemies for the sake of 'justice,' Suzume the cute girl who wields dual pistols, and of course Tsubame himself who prefers huge rifles and martial arts. The four have a mechanical arm which when switched allows one of the others to take control. How did Tsubame end up this way? What is the secret of the arm? You'll have to read to find out.

+C: Sword and Cornett
      Genera: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Josei Chapters: 52
      Summary: Belca Noctircus is the son of a commoner and the King of Noctircus. He is the third prince in the royal Noctircus family and is third in line for the throne. Soon after coming back from abroad, his brother and the crown prince of Noctircus, Hector, reveals his amibition to create peace with the Amonel, a race considered to be monsters but mysteriously dies from a chronic disease. Belca and his other older brother, Orcelito discovers the conspiracy behind Hector's death and Belca is nearly killed because of it. However, he is saved by a wandering bard/scholar named Eco. Meanwhile Orcelito is taken by Lagen, whose son, a young nobleman, locks him up and manipulates him to do things by Lagen's bidding and wishes.

Kamichu!
      Genera:Slice of Life, Supernatural, Seinen Chapters:19
      Summary: Yurie Hitotsubashi was just an average middle school student living in the city of Onomichi on Japan's inland sea. She spent her days worrying about exams and trying to get Kenji, the clueless boy she likes, to notice her. Then during lunch one day she suddenly announces to her friend Mitsue that she had become a goddess the night before. Their classmate Matsuri quickly latches on to Yurie's newfound divinity as a way to promote her family's financially struggling Shinto shrine. She hopes that in replacing Yashima-sama, their ineffective local god, with Yurie, it will make the shrine more popular. Now all Yurie has to do is figure out what she's supposed to do with her power.

Lasboss x Hero
      Genera: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural (possibly also Ecchi) Chapters:19
      Summary: Sagara Masamune is a manga author who isn't very successful, and it's looking like it's time to end his battle manga. To go for an unexpected ending, he plans to kill off the main heroine, Nina, in a dramatic way. As he works on his manga, he is mysteriously sucked into the pages. Now he's trapped in the world of his own creation, with his protagonists, exorcists Haru and Nina. He doesn't really get what's happening, but he thinks concluding the manga, which involves orchestrating Nina's death, might get him back home.

If you would like to participate, then please register your interest by replying to this thread with the following information, as it helps us choose manga that you will want to read. If you feel unsure about sujesting a manga, feel free to PM me.
      We then will drop you a PM or a mention when we are ready to start reading a new manga

Type of genres I like:
      My top picks from the manga list:
      Manga I would like to suggest for the book club:

INCENTIVES
      After signing up and participating in our first club member's discussion, you will receive a pocky awards badge as part of the 'Pocky Program'. With each manga read, club members can look forward to not only the story, but gaining another stick of pocky.

= 1st manga read
      = 2nd manga read
      = 3rd manga read
      = 4th manga read

(aaaand so on...)
      It's all about fun, even if you don't end up completing the manga in the allocated time then
      as long as you have contributed well to the discussion at least 4 times you'll be awarded !

Spoiler:  
      @Expendable @Beex @Tyleration @CrimsonRose94 @MissPurple @Moulders @Anrelia @thepast @Rhi-Bluefire @gpersie @IDDQD @Ithuriel @SirDanTheSmasher @9Westy9 @Suoh @That's Our Eric! @blackheart12 @belsammael @AnimeBrit @Blobcat @Lynx @momoshiro5678 @lambda-sky @Mystogan @RaptorMoonX @anuryan @AllyJane @Ichi_Bear @David1225 @Pinksmartys2312 @mollari91 @HtEcho @Johnnytez @WildestDrake @icypete @Thea @TingCat @RedKingofHomra @dops @9Westy9 @KISQ_Murphy @liraalthena @rensstrawberry @Otakuboss60 @Akkya @Takeuchi @Freya_123 @DaMrZ @Lynx @WrathzRevenge @Deroy Tooga @Ioreth @Goldion Simon @lester2k14 @Fear My Thoughts @Lady Yeo-Wool @Pinksmartys2312 @ForgottenEmbers @Osanachan6439 @DaddyCool @TheFailedNinja @Suoh @NanoChan @sadaniminx @CaptainLolbot @DullahanCelty @epiclolita @neozero @OokamiJcub @Apocalypse Suicidal @MaNiMe @Erica Elric @sukume @nimbletreefrog @Steins-brother @Sphere @Jasminedesi16 @Intrepid voyage @chaotic Blossom @Layfon @wonderlandsabyss @Buta @Jaxxiz8000 @AcanthaDante @Maki-chan @sykas @RavenzMatteo @Pinku @WickedWhit @Vivix @Mr. Envy @Wolfears @LizzieAnne @SebastianLover__<3 @tardisesandtitans @Luna_Sarutobi @Leeping @AmateratsuAroba @BKT @tyrettln @Psychoelle @Blackcat96 @Kotori-chan @ Deviette @JonezyKun @ Talmit @Otakumaster or Applepunch @IkkleGemz @SixShooterOutlaw @komodoangel @anime boy @JackMan @JeeCay? @Macika777 @GosaiNekoi @Lizzlybonk @GiGANom @Nihilisil @theStarduster @Blackcat96 @SomerTheKechibi @AlissonGraves @Nomad @SuicidalHeichou @Khaylo @Ironfistrand @JayC @DaughterofCrone @NeikanChan @Castyal

Goddess of cakes <3

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: SIGN UP - Manga book club - SIGN UP

Sounds like fun

Thank you @Tenshi-chan for my signature and avatar x

2 loli 4 u

Arty

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I miss this.

Not the biggest fan of shounen so the josei gmv. Looking forward to reading some manga, either way.

art thread

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Sola or 6 no Trigger sounds interesting. Laboss x Hero sounds like it could end bad.

Zephyr

Shy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I'll go ahead and join. They all look like they will be interesting to check out. I don't have any money though so if any of this requires me to pay some monthly or even weekly subscription somewhere online to read them, I won't be able to do that... As far as offering up manga to read, well I exclusively read yaoi and exclusively read from sites that are free whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I dunno...

I'm down to join! Is there a timeline for the readings?

Kiss, Date, Break The Legs

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Yasss i'll join!

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by GosaiNekoi View Post
      I'll go ahead and join. They all look like they will be interesting to check out. I don't have any money though so if any of this requires me to pay some monthly or even weekly subscription somewhere online to read them, I won't be able to do that... As far as offering up manga to read, well I exclusively read yaoi and exclusively read from sites that are free whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I dunno...
      All the mangas in MBC are free to read unfortunately yaoi is a genera we won't be reading due to it being 18+, I hope you enjoy reading something your not used to with us

Quote Originally Posted by GiGANom View Post
      I'm down to join! Is there a timeline for the readings?
      The poll will close within 5 days then I discussion topic goes up with links to read the manga, typically it's up for about a month before we move on, but it's when most people look they have finished. Here is the discussion for the manga we just read http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...k-club-SIGN-UP

Ooh, this sounds like fun

Type of genres I like: Romance, Mystery, Psychological
      My top picks from the manga list: Lasboss x Hero and Sola
      Manga I would like to suggest for the book club: I don't have any, I would rather read what others suggest

I like the sound of this!

Type of genres I like: Fantasy, SciFi, Romance, Supernatural
      My top picks from the manga list: Sola, +C: Sword and Cornett
      Manga I would like to suggest for the book club: I honestly can't think of anything, it's been ages since I read anything good!

bored

Achy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

sign me up

Type of genres I like: Action, Comedy, Martial Arts, Sci-Fi

My top picks from the manga list: 6 no Trigger and Lasboss x Hero

Manga I would like to suggest for the book club: Holyland, Bitter Virgin, Drops of God

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Poll closes tomorrow evening! Remember to get your votes in before then

Goddess of cakes <3

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Sorry, I didn't add this info:

Type of genres I like: various, a little bit of everything I guess (not very helpful, I know). My favourites are Ouran High School Host Club, Bleach, Pink (by Kyoko Okazaki), Negima, Fullmetal Alchemist, Deathnote, Bakuman, Cardcaptor Sakura, Azumanga Daioh, Tokyo Babylon, Fruits Basket, Yakitate!! Japan
      My top picks from the manga list: Most of them sounded pretty interesting, but now Sola has been selected
      Manga I would like to suggest for the book club: If you can access it, Pink is an interesting read.

Thank you @Tenshi-chan for my signature and avatar x

Content

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Looks fun~

Type of genres I like: Comedy, Fantasy, Romance
      My top picks from the manga list: Being that Sola has pretty much won, might as well go for that.
      Manga I would like to suggest for the book club: Orange, Countrouble, Pandora Hearts, The World God Only Knows

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Thanks everyone for signingup!
      The manga we shall be reading this time round is Sola!

Come over and join the disscussion:
      http://www.animeleague.net/forum/sho...15#post4135815

Lasboss x Hero and 6 no Trigger shall be going back into the pot for their second chance next time, as they both had the second highest votes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information