• Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arty

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Smile A&M Theatre Presents : Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

Are you sick of not having anyone to watch anime with? Well, we are too! Now's your chance to share the experience with fellow members of AL! The section will be conducting a viewing sessions with a link so that everyone can watch the anime in the allotted time and then can discuss about it below! (Please discuss using the spoiler tag)

Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity)

Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

Duration: 30 minutes each part, total 4 parts 2 hours.

Nine students gather in their high school at night to bid farewell to a friend. As is customary among many high school students, they perform a sort of ritual for good luck using small paper charms shaped like dolls.

However, the students do not realize that these charms are connected to Heavenly Host Academy—an elementary school that was destroyed years ago after a series of gruesome murders took place, a school that rests under the foundation of their very own Kisaragi Academy. Now, trapped in an alternate dimension with vengeful ghosts of the past, the students must work together to escape—or join the spirits of the damned forever.

A feast for mystery fanatics, gore-hounds, and horror fans alike, Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou shows a sobering look at redemption, sacrifice, and how the past is always right behind, sometimes a little too close for comfort.

Part 1
      Part 2
      Part 3
      Part 4

How it goes down.

• The anime name above is a link to the anime for you all to watch and enjoy!
      • It will be active till the end of the month so you have enough time to get through it.
      • Joining in might earn you a snazzy awards badge depending on level of involvement/overall content! (4 post minimum to get it)

Arty

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Poking things with sticks *poke, poke*

Silly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: A&M Theatre Presents : Corpse Party: Tortured Souls

Ooooo I'm up for this I recently bought Corpse Party on the PSVita not really knowing anything about it, will be good to watch as I've not gotten around to playing it yet

Kiss, Date, Break The Legs

Angry

Country
      Malaysia
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

sounds fun!!

Thanks for the mention. I'll watch it this weekend.

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Episode 1

Spoiler:  
      So I am so happy we are watching corpse party! It is great for Halloween! So I really liked Episode 1, it was kind of scary but at moments kind of goofy too. Like the scene before Seiko asked for "Ass cream" before going to the bathroom, I had to double check to make sure I was watching the right anime When Seiko hung herself, I wonder why Naomi just didn't let her feet rest on her shoulder instead of running to find a bucket which more time. Haha But overall what a great spooky first episode. I will shutter every time I hear Sachiko.

Chlobo
      daily bather

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jasminedesi16 View Post
      Episode 1

Spoiler:  
      So I am so happy we are watching corpse party! It is great for Halloween! So I really liked Episode 1, it was kind of scary but at moments kind of goofy too. Like the scene before Seiko asked for "Ass cream" before going to the bathroom, I had to double check to make sure I was watching the right anime When Seiko hung herself, I wonder why Naomi just didn't let her feet rest on her shoulder instead of running to find a bucket which more time. Haha But overall what a great spooky first episode. I will shutter every time I hear Sachiko.
        Spoiler:  
      I can see why you like it. It's so funny and awesome at the beggining and whrn Seiko hung herself my heart died a little. I started shipping her and Naomi a lot cause I thought their chemisty was awesome.

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chlobo View Post
        Spoiler:  
      I can see why you like it. It's so funny and awesome at the beggining and whrn Seiko hung herself my heart died a little. I started shipping her and Naomi a lot cause I thought their chemisty was awesome.
        Spoiler:  
      Me too. They were cute together.

Chlobo
      daily bather

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Spoiler:  
      So I did some research and learned about the Corpse Party game, it sounds really interesting and I do like a lot of the characters here, especially Naomi, Seiko, Satoshi, Yuka and the teacher. After watching the anime, I decided to take a look on the wiki. I'm amazed at how things turn about differently between the games, anime and manga but I think that's a good thing really. I really want to have a look at the game/manga myself and seen there's a live action film for it too.

The ending omg. And the thing at the end of the credits in the final episode. Oh my gosh, I feel sorry for all of them.

I wish there was some sort of alternate ending where they all live happily ever after and Naomi and Seiko get married.

Friends? You mean a legion of demonic servants?

Pervy

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I have Corpse Party on Steam so I should probably get in on this.

Will try and watch the first episode tonight c:

Sigh

Country
      Singapore
      AL Points

I've already played the first three chapters of the game, and I was watching the anime while I was reading... and of course, as the rumors said, it's not very impressive. Now, I get that a VN adaptation doesn't necessarily need to be faithful to be good, but having experienced the game shortly before watching the anime, the experience was inevitably jarring for myself personally, no matter how you might try to justify it.

I still have two more episodes to go, but I don't want to finish them before I finish the game since I want to avoid the spoilers. Might take me a while. Don't know if I could join in the discussion before then.
      My Movie Reviews
      Currently Playing:
      Currently Watching:

Chlobo
      daily bather

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Spoiler:  
      Is it worth playing the game after seeing the anime? It was hard to watch at times, but I did find it gripping. Still feel sad for Naomi and Seiko though.

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Spoiler:  
      This has got to be the goriest anime I have seen just woah

Chlobo
      daily bather

Arty

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Spoiler:  
      This has got to be the goriest anime I have seen just woah
        Spoiler:  
      I know right, I can't believe I've watched something more gorier than the Battle Royale manga.

Episode 1

Spoiler:  
      Episode 1
        Spoiler:  
      Yeah my theory is that Seiko had some deep insight into their situation and killed herself to protect Naomi.

Episode 2
        Spoiler:  
      Glasses girl with the pentagram in her hair talks about people being afflicted by a curse, being confused and "causing harm to others". Is that what the black ghosts are about? Then again the guy taking pictures with his phone is quite clearly being a knob without turning into a black ghost.

Also, did anyone understand what the deal is with the red talking doll? Pentagram girl just disappeared and left it behind. Or are we not supposed to understand until later?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information