• zzzz

Administrator
      I've worked so hard on this day.

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Monster Hunter

I put this hear since I know of several who play this game and wanted to see what you thought and any pics or video of you in this game.

Nep-Nep!

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Monster Hunter

Has any one played this game? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@PharaohAtem @toshioa It has become my favourite game of all time.

It is not a game for everyone, it can be difficult and requires some time investment, but if you get in to it then you will see it's true greatness.

Here's a few reasons why I think it's great:

- You get out of it what you put in, it never feels like your spending time for no reason (well I haven't so far )
      - There are 14 weapon types, and each one is like playing a different game altogether, yet they all have their place in this world (although pretty much stick to great sword )
      - It teaches you patience, strategy and teamwork if you stick with it
      - The monsters have varied AI, fighting one monster will be different from another
      - You can join other people’s games if they've sent an SOS signal or send one of your own, which is good if you currently have no-one else to play with or you want to farm a certain monster for parts (and there's plenty of people, the game has sold over 6 million copies in less than a month!!!)
      - It never forgets that it is a game: It is meant to be fun, and it really is (well I find it super fun, despite being eaten and torn apart by some of the more ferocious monsters), much better if you have friends too play with, but you can also have fun solo
      - Free events and extra missions regularly, and there will be free DLC monsters
      Professional Monster Hunter (Hunter Rank 14)

Administrator

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

It seems like fun I kinda laughed at some of the YouTube videos but you know hunting games can be fun if the creatures sometimes get the best of you. Old hunting games sound boring to this being sounding fun I'll have to add that to my list of games

Nep-Nep!

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by FistofthenorthJotaro View Post
      @PharaohAtem @toshioa It has become my favourite game of all time.

It is not a game for everyone, it can be difficult and requires some time investment, but if you get in to it then you will see it's true greatness.

Here's a few reasons why I think it's great:

- You get out of it what you put in, it never feels like your spending time for no reason (well I haven't so far )
      - There are 14 weapon types, and each one is like playing a different game altogether, yet they all have their place in this world (although pretty much stick to great sword )
      - It teaches you patience, strategy and teamwork if you stick with it
      - The monsters have varied AI, fighting one monster will be different from another
      - You can join other people’s games if they've sent an SOS signal or send one of your own, which is good if you currently have no-one else to play with or you want to farm a certain monster for parts (and there's plenty of people, the game has sold over 6 million copies in less than a month!!!)
      - It never forgets that it is a game: It is meant to be fun, and it really is (well I find it super fun, despite being eaten and torn apart by some of the more ferocious monsters), much better if you have friends too play with, but you can also have fun solo
      - Free events and extra missions regularly, and there will be free DLC monsters
      Awesome! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Monster Hunter @FistofthenorthJotaro , very insightful from an existing player I've just finished Horizon Zero Dawn literally this weekend just gone so am looking for my next big fix and this may well be it!! I have watched a couple videos on it on the old YouTubes and am intrigued by it. I do have a question though; does it play like Dark Souls and is it as difficult?!

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@PharaohAtem Yeah, it can be totally crazy at times, things like throwing dung at monsters to scare them off, to have your own pet cat (known as a Palico) that fights alongside you (if you are playing with solo or just one other person), and all sorts of hidden things, it's definitely a sweet game in my opinion.

@toshioa Although I've not played Horizon, but if you like that there will probably be plenty to like in this to ... and although I've not played Dark Souls I know enough about it to give a reasonable opinion ... is it as difficult as Dark Souls = Maybe?

From what I've seen of Dark Souls it's hard no matter what, but while Monster Hunter can be difficult, some of that can be mitigated by preparation, things like exploring the map prior to a quest, doing side missions and trying different weapons etc can help. Although I'm now Hunter Rank 11, which is where the game is supposed to get much harder, so maybe I'll change my mind soon

Administrator

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Having a pet cat sounds nice at least when it’s artacking you can attack too I assume

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@PharaohAtem Yeah, you can freely move and attack while the cat moves and attacks on it's own and it generally tries to help you where it can

I'd never played a monster hunter game before but I'm loving this one. I've become quite obsessed over crafting new armour sets. It's a well polished and well balanced game and it looks great. I'm pretty sure this will be one of my favourites this year.

Tea King!

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by katie_alford View Post
      I'd never played a monster hunter game before but I'm loving this one. I've become quite obsessed over crafting new armour sets. It's a well polished and well balanced game and it looks great. I'm pretty sure this will be one of my favourites this year.
      I think it was a great move on Capcom's part in making the game more available. So many new players have come forward saying how much they love the game! It can only mean great things for the future. Glad you're having fun, Hunter!

Administrator

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I need to get this game

Tea King!

Content

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohAtem View Post
      I need to get this game
      You really do. It's insanely good.

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohAtem View Post
      I need to get this game
      Now is a great time too, they are starting to release the free Monster DLC.

Administrator

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Then I better download it then.

Thread Information