• Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Lightbulb Favourite games that don't exist (yet?)

Hi peeps,

I thought Id try to make a post and see what happens:

There's been so many games that were announced or rumoured at some point or other and never saw the light of day. It doesn't mean they'll never come out in some form (Final Fantasy 15 came out after 10 years and many changes along the way), but you never know and it can be quite cool to theorise what those games could be by like/what they would be about etc.

So if you're feeling creative or you just want to share your ideas for future games then this thread is for you. You could even just list some games you want to see in the future. There no particular format to how you want to represent as long as you follow the forum rules I guess.

Also this isn't just limited to rumoured or announced games, if you have a cool idea that not been rumoured or announced then that's fine too.

And feel free to discuss ideas between each other (keep it cool and civil though ).

Obviously if these are ideas for sequels/prequels etc. there will inevitably be mild spoilers, if your idea has big/story spoilers (i.e. important plot points or surprises from the game will be ruined) please use the spoiler tags.

Here's some ideas to kind of show what I mean:

Final Fantasy Warriors:

Imagine a dynasty warriors/musou game with Final Fantasy characters (they've done Dragon Quest, so why not go for its sibling right). It's ripe for the picking with; a huge franchise of playable characters, a ton of enemy types, plenty of boss encounters, and loads of ideas for musou attacks (limit breaks/ex moves etc. from other Final Fantasy games) ... This to me seems like a great franchise to make a musou game from.

Devil May Cry 5 (this will contain spoilers from Devil May Cry 1, 2, 3 and 4)

Spoiler:  

This game will have 2 time periods that play and link together throughout the story. The first will be a prequel to the series following Sparda (Dante's father) in events that led up to his death (which haven't been revealed in the existing storyline). And the other will be set after Devil May Cry 2 (just because that was the last part of the story we've been given).

So the game starts with Sparda face to face with Mundus, and yes, the first fight of the game if the Emperor of Darkness himself. It is a tutorial battle that shows the player how to use some of the various mechanics in the game. Being the first battle it's not meant to be super difficult (unless you're playing on a high difficulty setting), and as per the existing lore Sparda defeats Mundus and seals him away. Little does he know this battle was being watched by a dark entity in shadows.

The game then transitions to the end of Devil May Cry 2, with Lucia hearing a motorcycle engine revving believe it to be Dante. This however turns out to be false, as a new character, who calls himself Kain appears looking for 'the Son of Sparda'. When Lucia claims she doesn't know where he is, Kain gets angry. As he swings for Lucia another motorbike emerges, this time it is Dante, who claims he's 'been through hell' to get here. A second boss battle begins; Kain vs Dante (which features a tutorial for Dante's moves which differ from his fathers). Although you win the fight, Kain doesn't go down. Kain suddenly gets hit by an RPG. This turns out to be from Lady who appears along with Trish. Kain is summoned back by his master (the dark entity from the intro fight). Kain tells Dante and Co. he will return, Dante quips 'call me' and Kain grunts while driving off into the distance.

I don't have a full plot to this game at the moment, but it would include Nero and Vergil in its plot somewhere. The main thing I was going for is to follow a storyline for Sparda post-Mundus and have it tie in to current events for Dante. Also the dark entity who was watching the intro fight would be the 'big bad' who commands Kain and would be the final boss of the game.

Also there's rumours of Devil May Cry 5 being announced at E3, hopefully that's true.

Also if these games actually do come out it can be really cool to see how similar our ideas are to the real thing.

As always, have fun.

Your friendly neighbourhood Jotaro.
      Professional Monster Hunter (Hunter Rank 14)

bored

Achy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: Favourite games that don't exist (yet?)

I got a few. But the first one that came to mind was a crossover game by Bioware and Atlas. The basic outline of the plot would be standard for a Shin Megami Tensei game. It's the apocalypse, demons show up, fight things. But the interpersonal dynamics and gameplay associated with it will be handled by BioWare. The combat system will be a mix between the two as well, still focused on summoning demons but now with separate skill trees associated with different combat abilities, sorta like the Megaten MMO but with a lot more depth. Of course the alignment system from the SMT games will also come into play and be alot more open with BioWare involved.

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@JeeCay?

Sweet concept; a blend of eastern and western game design philosophies (hopefully with no excessive micro-transactions, lol). The interpersonal dynamics could be insane and there could be so many different paths and endings, it would definitely be a big game to say the least.

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I'm glad you mentioned Final Fantasy Warriors as it was on my top ten most Wanted Warriors games I've tried to bug Koei with before. I suppose I can list them here (based on how easy the collab would be and how much the franchise could do with a decent game or Warriors spinoff):

10) Medieval Warriors (Similar to Bladestorm, but more focusing on battles such as the English civil war, the War of The Roses, through the Tudors etc.)
      9) Warriors of Thrones (Sadly I don't think we'll see Koei work with GoT because they're too adult for them to make any proper use of, when most Warriors games have cut down on blood and death.)
      8) Spawn: Warriors of Hell (If you've ever played In The Demon's Hand on the Dreamcast, you'll know how much Koei needs to get on to this for a sequel. Best Spawn game hands down)
      7) Full Metal Alchemist Warriors
      6) Final Fantasy Warriors/ Heroes (doesn't even have to be that different from the newer games if they're including the hunts. Just the option to participate in some of the wars throughout the series).
      5) Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Warriors
      4) Heroes of Olympus (based off the Rick Riordan books, maybe a little Percy Jackson too. The Koei Troy game wasn't big enough. Bring in the Romans, Greeks and Egyptians).
      3) Star Wars: Republic Heroes (Koei expressed interest in it so get that license off of EA!)
      2) Fairy Tail Warriors (The only series that seems to have have missed out from it)
      1) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Heroes in a Half-Shell. (Their last few 3D outings haven't seemed to hit the mark. They could do with Koei to expand the universe, bring in more mutants and open up the battles into Dimension X).
      "A gentleman never leaves a puzzle unsolved..."

Entertainment Zone Ringmasterchap
      Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@MrMurphseeksLAM

Musou Madness!!! Liking that the ideas include western properties too. Star Wars is custom built for a Koei Warriors style game. And with Ninja Turtles I can see a lot of cool things too (I don't know how far the universe expands for them, I mostly know the cartoon series from 2003, and there was a lot from there they could use), and a battle nexus stage is a must.

Mate, there's so many cool ideas, have you ever considered working for Koei?

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Oh boy, there's been a few companies I'd have loved to write or be an ideas guy for over the years. Businees is a tough world for games though, think I'd stress myself to an early grave trying to get all these licenses. Lord knows how they got to working with Nintendo for Hyrule Warriors.

Aside from Musou games, I've always wondered how things would've gone for Capcom, Netherrealm Studios, Marvel and DC if they'd swapped franchises once in a while, rather than the somewhat mess Marvel vs Capcom Infinite became. Could've had Mortal Kombat vs Marvel or Mortal Kombat vs X-Men (the latter would allow for more fatalities), Capcom vs DC or God forbid, an attempt at Marvel vs DC one day...

Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

"I think I know, I don't think I know, I don't think I think I know, I don't think I think."

Administrator
      I've worked so hard on this day.

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I second Hero's of Olympus.

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

There's definitely a market for an Olympus Warriors now that God Of War has moved on over to Norse mythology for it's next few games.

There's an obvious game that doesn't exist but really should by now. I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere before, but a Super Wario Bros game has been long overdue for decades. Aside from that Wario Land Shake Dimension we got on the Wii which was hit & miss, there hasn't been a decent Wario platformer in years. We had Super Mario Bros, then Super Luigi Bros, so Not So-Super Wario Bros is surely the next step. Heck, throw in some of the characters from WarioWare for that four player madness!

Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

Grindstone.
      Horny

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Well, the long-gestating FFVII sequel would be at the top of my wish list, but I'm not too enthused with the direction they seem to have gone with it (but there's only one gameplay video, so there's still hope).

That leaves KOTOR III. I know the typical sentiment is that SWTOR is KOTOR III, but they're just not the same. There was also a pseudo Assassin's Creed-style game starring Darth Maul in the works way back, but I guess Lucas Arts was notoriously difficult to work with back then. The developers had made quite a bit of progress on it, and then Lucas Arts just stopped returning their calls (literally). There are probably still a few videos floating around the internet about it. They're dated now, obviously, but you were to play as Darth Maul exploring his backstory. It would've been a cool concept
      .:Stop:Breathe:Shatter:.

TheRealLuthien: Your character can blow things up by touching them
      TheRealLuthien: If I knew I was going to be this fucked I wouldn't have posted!

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Yeah, I'm looking forward to FFVII, but I do wish they'd have the option to switch between the newer play style and the original turn-based style that the game was famous for. KoTOR definitely deserves that trilogy completion. I would love to see Jedi Academy/ Outcast get a third game as well. Star Wars games have always had a rush about them to move to the next project while the game they've released is still hot. BattleFront 1 & 2 never got a third game either (the old series, not the current one, though I expect with the way things went for EA with the last game they'd probably hold off on a third again.)

Not necessarily an idea for a new game, but if Konami wanted to earn a shred of respect back after the last few years and their treatment of their top games, they'd do what the likes of Sega and Capccom are doing and release a classics collection. Preferably I'd love to see an Arcade collection. While some of the licenses would be difficult to grab back, The Simpsons, TMNT, X-Men, all the brawlers together with the likes of Contra and Gradius would be great to get in one package.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Skye Hopefully the FFVII remake gets release this console generation, it will be hard pressed to live up to the hype, but as long as it's a solid game (or series of games as it was to be when CyberConnect2 were making it) I'll be happy. Would you prefer it to be turn-based, action or some sort of hybrid (they said they weren't but you never know)?

I would love to see a KOTOR III too, they have such rich storytelling and world building, plus the old republic is the best era for fans of Sith and Jedi.

@MrMurphseeksLAM The old Star Wars games were great, maybe EA will try to tap into that a bit more next time. I think they could do a battlefront 3 if they make sure it is varied, has a lot of included content, and has lots of secrets and unlockables within the base game. They could still have paid DLC, but more like expansions rather than stuff that should be in the base game.

A konami collection would be pretty cool. Maybe you could use the konami code to unlock hidden games too.

Grindstone.
      Horny

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I would prefer it to be turn-based. It's supposed to be a remake, not a new game. I'm all for adding additional content, but I'm not enthused at all with the idea of them changing the base mechanics.

I wouldn't mind a new Jedi Knight game either, or even a remake of II or III. (Personally, I preferred II, but that's mostly because the PC version was popular at a nostalgic time for me.) A remake of the original Battlefronts would also be great (I never played the first, but the second was fantastic). I was thrilled when they announced Battlefront I a few years back, but the negative reviews persuaded me not to give it a try. Apparently, that was probably for the better

Edit: Also, Vandal Hearts III needs to happen. Flames of Judgment wasn't a horrible way to spend a weekend (or, in my case, a few days off work due to a blizzard), but it just wasn't Vandal Hearts. The story was completely forgettable, the "secrets" were far too obvious (almost impossible to miss), and most importantly, it was easy. One of the hallmarks of Vandal Hearts I and II was that those battles were hard. Sure, there were easy fights here and there, but getting through either game without having to reload at least once was extremely difficult; and winning one of the harder battles (i.e. Blood Knights/Crimson Knights) felt like a significant achievement. That was completely missing from FoJ, to say nothing of the difference in length (30-40 hours for VH I and II, compared to 15-20 for FoJ)
      .:Stop:Breathe:Shatter:.

TheRealLuthien: Your character can blow things up by touching them
      TheRealLuthien: If I knew I was going to be this fucked I wouldn't have posted!

Blue Headgehog
      Space Dandy's Quiff

Hungry

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I remember my whole team being flushed away on that bridge in the first Vandal Hearts, so I can definitely agree with the prequel being too easy. Just another series Konami seemed to mess up over the past decade. There weren't many better achievements out there than becoming the Vandalier.

I'd like to think a Battlefront 3 would learn from the lessons of the previous games and contain some nods to the likes of X-Wing and Jedi Knight to make a full package of a game, but with the online multiplayer their focus these days (II barely got much of a campaign mode at that) I don't think we'd be getting much other than more of the same. At this point I'm more interested to see if that Star Wars game Visceral Games was making but got cancelled ever comes to fruition, as the premise sounded exciting enough (plus I loved the Dead Space games, so if it had a gameplay style akin to those, I'd be all for it).

Also, would love to see a fighting game mixed with RPG elements one day. Street Fighter's had a rough time over the last few years, but the anniversary collection should bring it back to speed. For a franchise about world tournaments, you never get to truly travel across the world, explore and encounter fights. Closest was the World Tour mode in SFA3 which was mission based.

Entrance Hall Buddychap
      Video Gaming Assistchap

Wtf

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I guess it depends if you would take Remake to mean reimagining or an improved version of the original, both ideas have their merit I think. They would be hard-pressed to go with the original atb system in its original form without enhancements or changes as that would restrict them to mostly fans of the original (I’m one of those too, so I would be fine with this personally). The fact is to make the money back for this game (you can bet they will be spending loads of money on cutscenes and voice acting) they would have to make something that will appeal to the largest audience. But you never know, maybe the old school flavour in a shiny new coat is all that’s needed to make its mark on the gaming world (it worked for the original FF7 anyway).

If Bioware are allowed to make a single player star wars experience they could really do something here, if they are allowed to draw from the defunct expanded universe of old or even create the new lore for the old republic era.

I’ve not played Vandal Hearts personally, but it looks like it’s worth check out from what you guys are saying.

They had konquest mode in some of the 3D Mortal Kombat games and a beat-em-up style mode in Tekken 5 and 6 which are kind of rpg-like. Some of the Dragon ball and Naruto fighting games also rpg elements (if you are counting anime fighters). I can totally see you travelling around as a young Ryu and trying to find strong opponents to defeat; maybe it could be a prequel or take place in the Alpha era or even span the entire timeline of Ryu so far.

Administrator
      I've worked so hard on this day.

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by FistofthenorthJotaro View Post
      @Skye Hopefully the FFVII remake gets release this console generation, it will be hard pressed to live up to the hype, but as long as it's a solid game (or series of games as it was to be when CyberConnect2 were making it) I'll be happy. Would you prefer it to be turn-based, action or some sort of hybrid (they said they weren't but you never know)?

I would love to see a KOTOR III too, they have such rich storytelling and world building, plus the old republic is the best era for fans of Sith and Jedi.

@MrMurphseeksLAM The old Star Wars games were great, maybe EA will try to tap into that a bit more next time. I think they could do a battlefront 3 if they make sure it is varied, has a lot of included content, and has lots of secrets and unlockables within the base game. They could still have paid DLC, but more like expansions rather than stuff that should be in the base game.

A konami collection would be pretty cool. Maybe you could use the konami code to unlock hidden games too.
      The old starwars games I played on the computer like Tie Fighter and X-Wing Fighter were my favorite though I sucked at flying the X-Wing then I did with the Tie which I was a master at no one could escape me not even the millenniium fighter well, in the cut seens it did after a while blasted ship but I saved the emporor and darth vader so I'm asucker for the dark side.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information