Sugarless GiRL
      thnks fr th mmrs! :)

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Event/thread ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Aeri View Post
      is the pirate theme that Expendable is posting somehting similar to what you were thinking for a monthly contest?
      Yeah, sort of! I thought about splitting it into 3 different categories in 1 contest so all different types get a chance to take part, e.g, a forest theme, gfx create something with a forest visible in sigs, writers could do a little story based in a forest or poems do the same, art could draw a forest etc. A monthly theme would be ideal so everyone has atleast 2.5 weeks to create rather than a week. There'd be atleast 1 winner in each category, but the Pirate idea is good too!

BOO!

Bitey

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Catacombs View Post
      @Aeri I stickied Expendable's contest. I hope that was ok
      You're a pro already!

Quote Originally Posted by Nocchi View Post
      Yeah, sort of! I thought about splitting it into 3 different categories in 1 contest so all different types get a chance to take part, e.g, a forest theme, gfx create something with a forest visible in sigs, writers could do a little story based in a forest or poems do the same, art could draw a forest etc. A monthly theme would be ideal so everyone has atleast 2.5 weeks to create rather than a week. There'd be atleast 1 winner in each category, but the Pirate idea is good too!
      I like that a lot. We can start it for October which could be an easy theme...Halloween! And so would it be post your art as soon as you're done then we do a final vote with a voting poll or submit art privately to me and I post them on a specific date with a voting poll?

Sugarless GiRL

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I like that a lot. We can start it for October which could be an easy theme...Halloween! And so would it be post your art as soon as you're done then we do a final vote with a voting poll or submit art privately to me and I post them on a specific date with a voting poll?
      Yup! Say we create a thread on 1st October, we write all the information in the first post and we give a deadline (say 24th October) for submissions where they have to PM the OP their entries. In the second post we reserve it for the entries (or reserve 3 posts and place each category in each one)! People can leave a message of who they vote for in each category, there should be at least 2 submissions for each one for it to go ahead. Voting could end 31st October and prizes can be given out the following week! I personally think it might be better for people to personally write who they vote rather than polls cos there's a chance people could hijack it with different accounts etc, it's happened before in contests i've been in, also you'd only be able to vote for 1 right instead of 3? But it's entirely up to you! I can make a draft thread of it once I'm back from Venice so you can sorta get what I mean, idk if i'm good at explaining things haha!

BOO!

Bitey

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I hear what you mean with hijacking votes with alt accounts but people might feel awkward voting for someone especially if you don't vote for your "bff" ? There's something nice to the anonymity of a poll that makes it maybe more objective? But I see the pros and cons of both and could see us do it either way.

If you're willing to write up a draft I'd be so willing to edit it or tweak it if we thought we needed it. That would be awesome

CutePrincess
      Meow meow.I am a cute Kitty

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

We all need to promote the section more lol

Personally I am going to make a banner or put a link in my signature so I am constantly promoting the section and current games/contests.

I really think putting a thread up for requesting signatures/avatars would be nice.Having certain GFX artists that are willing to do this.I remember this from years ago and that part I really like.

Also have an idea where the staff picks a song every week that everyone can create something that fits that song in some form.It could be made into a contest or a game.Gives a chance for artists of all types to enter.
      Formally Known As Sirena

The Orange Idol
      Satisfied now~

Amused

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Sorry if this has already been mentioned bc my lazy butt isn't gonna read back but are we gonna have an Inktober thread? I'm planning to do it this year so it would be fun to make a thread for other people to join in too
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
      ~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay, Arts & Writing Mod / Disney Queen / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

CutePrincess

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by GraceMellody View Post
      Sorry if this has already been mentioned bc my lazy butt isn't gonna read back but are we gonna have an Inktober thread? I'm planning to do it this year so it would be fun to make a thread for other people to join in too
      It hasn't been mentioned.I like the idea.I say write up a drift and tag Aeri and see if she likes it.After approval I can sticky it.

Also @Aeri should we keep the Daisy Chain game up or take it down? It has seriously died.I have tried to keep it as active as I could but kind of hard when no one else takes part.
      Formally Known As Sirena

Sugarless GiRL

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

I hear what you mean with hijacking votes with alt accounts but people might feel awkward voting for someone especially if you don't vote for your "bff" ? There's something nice to the anonymity of a poll that makes it maybe more objective? But I see the pros and cons of both and could see us do it either way.

If you're willing to write up a draft I'd be so willing to edit it or tweak it if we thought we needed it. That would be awesome
      Oh, I get what you mean! But that's why it's best to have the entries just listed as numbers so people don't know whos is whos. Are you able to vote for 3 items in Polls? I've never made one before so I don't know, cos otherwise we won't be able to do the 3 sub sections for the contest. I'll make a draft by the end of this week if that's okay!

In regards to Daisy Chain, I've tried my best to take part also, but the themes usually aren't my forte so I usually wait out to see if someone else will take it on.

CutePrincess

Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nocchi View Post
      In regards to Daisy Chain, I've tried my best to take part also, but the themes usually aren't my forte so I usually wait out to see if someone else will take it on.
      Yep,usually I run into the same problem but I take the theme anyways to keep it going.The current theme is DeathNote.I decided just picking an anime and letting people have fun with it would be better.
      Formally Known As Sirena

Sugarless GiRL

zzzz

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by GraceMellody View Post
      @GraceMellody This one seems like the perfect match for AL HAHA

The Orange Idol
      Satisfied now~

Amused

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Omg I love it! I was originally just going to do the main prompt but this looks way more fun!
      ~UK Based Idol~
      ~Member of One Wish~
      COME JOIN THE DISNEY CLAN!!!
      ~Video Gaming HMod / Chatroom Mod / Cosplay, Arts & Writing Mod / Disney Queen / Ravenclaw Head Girl~
      Feel free to ask me anything!

Spoiler:  

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Mod
      Hello four walls...

Depressed

Country
      UK
      AL Points

That seems brill

Feel Free To Check Out My Journal:
      https://www.animeleague.net/forum/showthread.php?124055-I-ve-Spent-Two-Hours-In-A-Maze-With-Snail-Elephants-Looking-For-A-Pencil
      & My Artwork
      https://www.animeleague.net/forum/showthread.php?119677-H03nn%92s-Creative-Side-Thread

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information