Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Re: [Casual RP] The Silk Road [SF]

"Gun stays here," Nick yelled out from his office as Rion reached for it. "Just don't kill anyone if you can avoid it."

Rion scowled, baring her teeth, but carried the gun inside and left it on the desk.

"I am ready," she said, turning towards Kat.

Commander, I have been asked by my employer to go 'shopping' while he stays in the club. Is this proper?
      It's proper, he won't leave the club and it's one of the most watched places on this station. If you find yourself overwhelmed by the shopping, let me know.
      Is this dangerous?
      Not physically. We come from a poor planet, we're not really used to the notion of choice.

Just Call Me Kitty Of The Morning Baby

Happy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat smiled up at Rion and said gently, "Don't worry despite the events of last night it's generally very safe here," She added cheerfully, "This won't take to long and it's in a good area of the station. We shouldn't be bothered."

At least she hoped that would be the case, after last night she wasn't so sure. Nevertheless she led her companion out and into the bustling station's shopping district, taking care to avoid the larger crowds and keep Rion in open areas where she could see anything coming. She looked around thoughtfully as they arrived at a number of shops selling clothing and pointed to the different displays in the windows.

"If there is anything you think you would like it might give us an idea of where to start," She told Rion. "Not sure what sort of style if your fancy?"

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

"Not restrictive," Rion replied, with a shrug. "Easy to move in."

On the march, she'd seen the locals. Most wore practical, sensible clothes. But on liberty in the cities, the older sisters would pull out strange garments from their trunks, usually bright colors and slippery fabrics. They couldn't explain to her why they had them, they would shrug and said that she was not long from the egg, that understanding would come in time.

Perhaps Kat could explain on this trip?

Happy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat paused for a moment at Rion's words and looked up at the warrior a curiousness in her eyes.

"This isn't uncomfortable for you is it?" She asked gently. "I mean... I don't suppose you've had occasion to do this sort of thing before?"

She was trying, not without some caution, to get an idea of what sort of experience Rion might have had with dressing in less war-like garb, clothing, accessories... style. She looked a bit worried, hoping she wasn't asking anything to personal as they stood at the edge of the shopping district.

"Either way," She added in a reassuring tone, "I'm sure we can find something that will be both practical and that you'll enjoy."

Were it so easy she thought but didn't add.

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

"No, we were given fresh uniforms and told to wear them when we had liberty," Rion shrugged. "Hatchlings not allowed to buy anything that isn't useful."

She paused, then shook her head grimly. "Bright colors make you target in combat."

"So, how long will this take?"

Happy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kate gave Rion a reassuring smile. "Not to long," She assured the warrior as she surveyed the shops. "I know you are new to this, but you might get to like it if you gave it a try?"

She thought for a moment and then led Rion along to a shop and said with a thoughtful expression, "Part of the problem will be finding you something for evenings, as you might have noticed it tends to have an old world theme and well, while a lot of that sort of stuff is very pleasing to the eye, it's not always the most... I mean with your duties and all."

She sighed softly and then bit her lip for a moment in vexation. "Perhaps we should start with some nice every-day sort of things first? You know something both practical and cute but not anything that would get in your way?"

She led Rion to a shop with displays advertising clothing of said variety and pointed to some of the outfits. "What do you think, are those something you might like?"

Head Moderator
      ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ

Depressed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

"I shall try," she told Kat, doubtfully.

Pleasing to the eye...? That she did not understand at all. But then Kat pointed out several outfits and asked if she might like them.

"They seem okay?" she managed. She wonders if the eye liked them?

"Do we bring them back to the cafe to try?"

Happy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Kat giggled "I bet Ric would like that but you see..."

She went on to explain the changing rooms, how to figure out the right look for different social occasions, etc. etc. It took sometime but by the end of it they'd gotten together some really cute outfits and accessories for Rion so that she'd be well prepared for just about anything. They returned to the cafe sometime later laden with packages and such and after leaving Rion to get her new clothes situated in her room Kat sat down outside the room for a bit with a sigh of relief and rested after a long but fun day of shopping happy to have helped Rion out a bit.

She was careful to leave the card she borrowed on Ric's desk also careful not to look at anything else on the desk, she'd learned it was best not to know some things.

Finally she decided it would be best to get changed and ready for the night's work and headed off to do so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information