• Wtf
  • zzzz

People suck.

Sigh

Country
      Singapore
      AL Points

Games That You Hate But Still Play

Is there a video game that you hate a lot but still ended up playing it because of either:

1. Some parts of the game that you like
      2. External circumstances, like your friends recommending you to buy it and you could no longer refund it
      3. Some other reason

For myself, a couple of games like this comes to mind. Super Animal Royale is very cute and has animal avatars, if you're not too creeped out by the furry-esque nature of the game. There's a ton of animals and costumes you could unlock and daily missions, which leads to replayability. Unfortunately, it's a PvP battle royale, and these games give me no end of frustration, especially when I can't shoot to save my life. The intense nature of the game doesn't help with my anxiety either. But, since I've already bought the paid version and could no longer refund it, I didn't want my money to go to waste, so I forced myself to go through this torture. Ugh.

Another game that comes to mind is Hitman, the new one. My older computer couldn't handle the graphic capability, so there was a ton of lag playing it. It was so frustrating, and I didn't find out about this until I was about 6 hours into the game and could no longer refund it on Steam. But this problem has been resolved, somewhat, ever since I got my new PC, so it's not really relevant anymore. I still couldn't set the game to its highest graphic settings because of a lack of RAM on my computer, but at least it doesn't lag anymore.

Any of you share similar frustrations with video games?

8 days!

Friendly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Games That You Hate But Still Play

I think nowadays theres so much choice for games that i wont bother with a game unless i really enjoy them.

The only games i can think of was when i was a kid and i had only a select bunch of games on my snes. I found myself playing infuriating games like barts nightmare and Asterix.

People suck.

Sigh

Country
      Singapore
      AL Points

Re: Games That You Hate But Still Play

Quote Originally Posted by Sdbillustrations View Post
      I think nowadays theres so much choice for games that i wont bother with a game unless i really enjoy them.

The only games i can think of was when i was a kid and i had only a select bunch of games on my snes. I found myself playing infuriating games like barts nightmare and Asterix.
      That's a good point. Retro games, as good as they were, used to be so bad they're hilarious to make fun of (see "The Angry Video Game Nerd's" videos). There's a different kind of frustration that came with them.

Of course, nowadays, gamers face a different kind of problem in the form of microtransactions, but I guess that's another discussion altogether.

Thread Information