• zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

zzzz

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Welcome to RR! [Read First]

Thank Zen for the RR banner!

Welcome to RR! We have created this thread to help you start on your journey into this ever-changing world. Here you will find some useful links to the threads containing important information as well as the descriptions for the initiation schemes that we have created with new members in mind.

Important Links
      • Character Submission and Guidelines thread -- here, you may find the information on how to create your character and submit it for approval

• RR Guidebook -- here, you can read the backstory of RR along with the basic rules

• RR World Map -- here, you may see who controls what territories and what is happening where. You will also find links to current RPGs and Battles/Spars, along with their brief descriptions

• RR Group/Organization Thread -- here, you will find a list of the current groups and organizations, their brief descriptions, and whether or not they are currently open to accepting new members

• RR General Discussion -- here, you can discuss almost anything and everything and get to know your fellow RRers a little better

• RR Group Chat -- here, you can find information about our weekly group chat discussions and get involved by submitting your info

Initiations

We currently have two initiation schemes for you in place that are meant to give new members a good introduction to the world of RR and so we strongly encourage your participation. You are welcome to participate in as many initiation scheme runs as you would like.

The Conclave -- The Conclave is an Illuminati group dedicated to dragging the people of Earth through a baptism of fire into the next age of advancement. Newcomers will be given secret missions to investigate anomalies around the world while also having group keep tabs on them and gauging their strength. In addition, players who complete these missions will be rewarded with new or upgraded equipment that they can add to their bio. A GM will be on hand during this mission to provide advice to players to help them improve their writing and provide obstacles should they be needed.

Virtual Reality Room -- Located within the Jülich Research Center in Germany, the VR room is a premiere facility run by scientists dedicated to the study of supernatural powers. Players are welcome to introduce their characters through their participation in designed experiments or to use the facility, at any time, for individual training. While their characters undergo challenging scenarios that will undoubtedly benefit them, the players will be given feedback, if needed, in an effort to improve their writing.

Introductions

We also encourage you to introduce yourself in this thread and, if you are so inclined, to share something about yourself that will help everyone get to know you a little better. For example! I’m known to most on AL as Persi. I’ve been roleplaying in RR since I joined over seven years ago, although I’ve taken both some short and long breaks from it. I mostly enjoy fantasy RPGs and about 90% of my characters are some type of magic users. I'm friendly and I like to chat with people, so feel free to talk to me about almost anything (I really don't want to know about your latest trip to the bathroom). If you don't hear a response from me, it's probably because I left the computer on (or one of my cats woke it up), and not because I hate you and don't want to talk to you.

If you still have any questions or are unclear about something, feel free to ask here or shoot a message to one of the mods around here.

We look forward to playing with you!
      Last edited by Retox; 02-17-2012 at 04:10 PM.

No More.

Cool

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Welcome to RR! [Read First]

Hello, I'm Silverfox, aka Steve.

I've been a roleplayer for almost half my life, around 15-16 years or so, both on and offline (mostly online). I prefer sci-fi and modern settings, to the supernatural or fantasy, but I also love a good blending of all kinds of things, which is one of the things I like about the idea/setting of RR.

I'm also a graduate student of English and Creative Writing, so I'd like to think my writing skill is up to scratch...!
      I have tried to join RR before, but I found it very hard to get to grips with and understand a lot of the concepts, so I'd like to give it another try, and I'm hoping that one of the new threads mentioned in the OP post will lead me down the right course. It'd be helpful to be able to ask some questions and get some clarifications too.

Look forward to RPing with people, thanks for all the info in advance.

NEVER CRUEL, NOR COWARDLY
      NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE IN

HUNGER

No Mood

Country
      blank
      AL Points

Heya Silverfox, welcome to Roleplayer's Realm! Have you chatted with any of the players here yet? If you've got any questions about starting out and what to do, PM me and I'll sort you out!

Might as well introduce myself here too:

I'm Retox, 24 years old, real name's Jermain, and I've been an RPG addict for the past twelve years. I've never taken part in tabletop RPGs or LARPs though, only video game RPGs and text-based forum ones. Never really tried fast-paced chatroom roleplaying because I like to take my time thinking about what my character would do/say in a specific situation.

I've been posting here on AL since 2003 and the reason why I like forum-based roleplaying so much is because I love reading original stories with original characters having original adventures. Better yet, I like taking part in said stories! And what's text-based roleplaying if not storytelling?

I don't bite, I jest a lot, I never intend to be an *sshole (though I know how easily the tone of a post can be misinterpreted on the internet) so if you want to chat/roleplay/bounce ideas off of me then catch me on AIM or via PM.

Lets move forward, one day at a time.

Cool

Country
      USA
      AL Points

I'm Limitless, 24 years old, real name is Derek. I've been roleplaying and writing off and on for just about 10 years. I've dabbled in a handful of table top RPG systems, most strongly Dungeons and Dragons v 3.5. Played video game RPGs since as far back as I can remember. Roleplayed in chat rooms in the distant past. I've been writing on Anime League for as long as Anime League has existed, I've helped develop various versions on this very game, and I've come a long way with my writing over the years. I tend to shy away from Tech based characters due to a feeling of ineptitude in developing psuedo-sciences to back their capabilities, but other than that I have or am willing to test out most any type of character. My writing has, in the past, been described as "word painting" rather than storytelling, and I'm currently attempting to find the middle ground and my personal voice. I work night shifts, so I'm usually not on before around 3 CST, and tend to be up late in the evenings with nothing to do. I take a very slow, deliberate approach to my writing, which tends to get me in trouble with deadlines, but I'm hardly the only person to have problems with that.

I have been known to be somewhat helpful in the past.

I like Pepsi.
      “Knowledge may give weight, but accomplishments give luster, and many more people see than weigh.”
      Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

Banned
      sneaky business

Sneaky

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

Quote Originally Posted by Limitless View Post
      I take a very slow, deliberate approach to my writing, which tends to get me in trouble with deadlines, but I'm hardly the only person to have problems with that.
      I know that feel, bro.

I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Sigh

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Well while we're sharing, alls fair

I'm Axiom. I'm 26 years old, and my first name is Parker. I've been roleplaying since I was around 9 years old. I've played and GMed nearly every tabletop game ever written, from D&D to Shadowrun, to more obscure titles like Exalted, Nobilis, and Deadlands. My personal favorite is the aforementioned Deadlands. I've been text RPing for over 12 years, and I've been on Roleplayer's Realm for nearly 4 years now. I've helped fairly extensively during the creation of this iteration. Blame me for that Sagan Wave bullshit. By training, I am a cultural anthropologist and a historian, and that probably shows quite a lot in my characters. I tend to focus my character choices on things that I find interesting, such as particular aspects of folklore, philosophy, or cultural quirks. If I don't dig on those things, my character may be a supernatural parody of something from history, or a Korean pop star. I'm not very good at high-tech characters either, I prefer to write characters with martial arts skills, or ones that use archaic weapons, as I personally have quite a bit of experience with both and its easier for me to visualize such things. My writing, according to some, tends to be fairly fluid and focus on details of motion and action as opposed to static scenery, which I would attribute to me being able to go out and actually swing a sword or throw a punch and see how my body moves. I'll also say that Limitless helped me a good bit when I was just starting out. YES THATS RIGHT, I'M GIVING YOU CREDIT DUDEBRO. I've come a long way, and I'm really glad that I joined up with this site when I did.

I'm always open to chat, on AIM or via PM if you want to get to know me. However, I'm not online as much as I'd like for some of you, as I live in Japan. If you're on in the morning, I'll be up. Otherwise, weekends are the best time to really talk to me.
      "Those who think duels are a method to ‘honorably resolve disputes’ are fools. Duels are the means to eliminate otherwise inconvenient opposition.”

Turbo Revvin Young Punk
      Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Might as well give my background as well...

The name's Rob, I've been RPing on and off for roughly ten years now. I got my start on PlanetNamek (RIP) pretending to be DBZ characters, my first character was called Son Gojutsu and the second was a member of the New Red Ribbon Army. Eventually I matured past blatant Toriyama rip-offs right around the time Planet Namek went down. After that I entered a nomadic period following people like Piedmon, DrunkVegeta and Pikkle to sites such as Phoenix Realm and NeoNamek. A large portion of those members eventually settled at the site Shadows of Namek which is still up but long since quit having any RPs going on. That was when I really started to develop some proficiency, joining a clan (Silver Griffins, god did we suck) and participating in the first iteration of Momentum Sparring. Eventually around '03 Pies helped lead a mass migration to AL where a new version of Momentum was launched, which evolved into MS.com. Time passed and eventually people got burnt out on Momentum and after a failed attempt at something called Advent Sparring the Multiverse was launched.

I stuck around during the early parts of MV and I think for a 2-4 week period was the only active Technocrat. I never had much to do with the MV since college was just starting up, I gave the keys of the Technocrats to Asimov and I'd wager that was the best decision I ever made, sparring-wise. I had another brief stint in MV later on, left again, came back and now I'm a mod for the first time in an RP forum.

As far as characters, I used to have magic users during my adolescent years but since then its been full on tech during the MV period. My last three were a transformer named Vilicus Prime that turned into a Cadillac and F-15; Kane Halford, a heavy metal singer and guitarist who wore an exo-suit that amplified his guitar playing and voice to shoot lightning bolts, fireballs and cause earthquakes. Now I'm working with essentially a fusion of Tony Stark and James Bond with Giovanni Rosso.

9/11 Never Forget

Lets move forward, one day at a time.

Cool

Country
      USA
      AL Points

1. *Highfive to Axiom for the credit!*

2. The number of memories reading your background just brought back to me was epic, BM. Silver Griffins, Advent Sparring, DV...oh...where has the time gone?
      “Knowledge may give weight, but accomplishments give luster, and many more people see than weigh.”
      Philip Stanhope, 4th Earl of Chesterfield

Turbo Revvin Young Punk
      Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Thanks, I've definitely seen quite a bit even if I was rarely a major participant.

9/11 Never Forget

Reno

Hi everyone my name is Reno Double Nigger Pancake and I have been RPing since at least 100 years ago. Famous critics have collectively described my writing as a magnificent trainwreck of vivid poetic injustice gussied up with eleven secret herbs and cyanide, but to the common low-brow riff-raff of the internet community, I am something of a folk hero, perhaps even a messiah of sorts. I am the leader of a long-running group of lowlife degenerate thugs known as the Yggdrasil Crew. Most people think of us as a legitimate gentleman's brigade of honor and truth but that's a lie because we have actual girls in our ranks and they're probably not even strippers or harlots but who knows. I'll tell you who knows: me. I know all and see all, and that is how I won the internet clan RP wars. This game is mine and I own it and if anyone disagrees I will take elaborate measures to discredit you by any ridiculous means that I can come up with inside of five minutes from now.

I remember when I first showed up around here. It was 1993 and nobody else knew what the fuck was happening so I said "hey let's all pretend we're Goku" and all the kids were like "I want to watch Babar" because they were all five years old and I was at the age of majority (12 or something) so I got out of that daycare center and got drunk instead. Then when I woke up the next day it was 2003 and my buddy and I went to Momentum and beat the fucking hell out of some other people's words and it made someone upset so they tried to lock us in the basement but what they didn't know was that the basement had no lock (and it never will) so we just put on different costumes and strolled right back into the club. But that got pretty boring so we left only to return to this place at some later date. Tensions were always high for some unknown reason. I believe it was because some people just couldn't handle the truth, but it may have also had something to do with how I am contractually obligated to act like a dick to everyone, especially those who I assume to be even remotely different from me in any conceivable way.

Then I was born in 1982 and that's when things really started to heat up. Jump to six years later, and I'm sitting in the library reading Jurassic Park and it was then that I realized what a goddamn genius I was. And still am. I am telling you, this is all true and to the letter. Don't believe me? Look it up. I printed 400+ pages worth of special judiciary documents and filed them with the Administrative Office of the International Toastmaster General.

I will never, ever get my comeuppance. Do you understand? Never.

HUNGER

No Mood

Country
      blank
      AL Points

Yo BM I didn't know you were a Planet Namek survivor too! \o/

Turbo Revvin Young Punk
      Friendly

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Yeah, though I went by the hilariously emo name "CloudedByHate". I was 12, for the record.

9/11 Never Forget

League of LEGGINGS!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well, I figured I should jott out a bit of rubbish here. My first official introduction: My name is Shane, and I have aimlessly wandered this planet for 7724 days. I've been in numerous styles of role-playing, but I started as a noob who's concepts didn't exceed one-liners. With time, my vocadulary increased as did my typing speed. Having got my first defeat by the hands of Magus Zeal (three years after doing one-liners), who, I might add, slaughtered me. After that, I began to learn the chatroom based fighting style (type something out as fast as possible regardless of whether or not it made sense). After two or three years of getting faster and clawing my way to the top of Myspace Chats, I met a now longtime friend. Our very own Aristocrat. We fought everyday it seemed. We had far surpassed all other opponents, including Zacharia of Teen Chat, Sony of chat ave and Yahoo, and Quickhand (wherever he was from). It was then that Aristocrat and I went our separate ways. He mingled here and there, where I refused to stay. Next stop: Teen Chat. It was here that I learned to make more sensible posts and grow even faster with an old friend, 13th Swordsman. After finally fully surpassing him, I made my return to Myspace Chat. (2006-2007) With a small amount of knowlege of Turn-Based (Forum-styled), and a plethorum of amassed speed, I set out to clean up the Chat. I played the role of super-hero too many times to count. Whether it was stopping a one-sided fight, arguements, or e-threats to kill characters in a rush fight, I was there with fingers as fast as lightning bolts to stop the evil-doers. Before long, people counted on me, trusted me, and others feared me. This lead to the revolt of some of the baddies, including the revolt of some old Fatal Five members. Though the battle lasted but a day, I had defeated the small group of miscreants, but to no avail. Though the major contendors left, the revolt continued for days. I wasn't trying to be a king, I just wanted the fighting to stop. They killed for no reason, and forced me to kill them to stop the madness. Now with everything quieting down, I left 8-9 months. On my return, I was baffled. Aristocrat had returned, but there was a new problem: Tala. Well, after watching someone come and try to beat him. It was a blood bath. This Tala kid ripped him to pieces, literally. So, on that note he was bragging about how impossibly great he was, fast, untouchable, blah blah. On my RLer profile, I fought him. No special powers, and I curb stomped the top half of his head off. I was unscathed and he left the room humiliated. (Now, here is filler. Anyone who knows Tala, knows he was after that, shown to be using programs to fight. After that he got beat alot and this part of my background is boring. Fighting him every hour got boring because I finally just started to dodge everything until he gave up. FILLER TIME! I smoke, drink socially, work on cars, and write various short stories.) BLAM!!! Now ita the middle of 08, and I left the closed Myspace chats. Now entering HoR, RoleplayGateway and Grand Tournament; here I come! I never thought much of rpgw, didn't enjoy how it was organized. But I spent my time on GT where I met a few skallywags: Dirge, Law, Aristocrat, Asimov, and my old mentor, Jace! Where my writing became much more Refined, coherent, and more stategic. It was those teachings that gave me my first taste of defeating opponents in forum-esque battles. For that I thank you @Jace. Then a loss of activity moved me along to places like Overworld, IRC, and the Isamahii where I met Sohjin Kasake. I was finally gaining real experience and actually doing the ass whoopin' again. Where yet another activity drop lead me here. So, here I am! Love me. If it weren't for being in my first fight with that Chrono Trigger guy, and Jace's teachings, I wouldn't be here. I enjoy rping with people, and talking with my newfound friends @Retox and @Grenamon . Uh... I guess that is all. Sorry for a crappy ending. I just don't have the resources to find and fund Michael Bay for an explosive ending, like on the Transformers movies. - Wii mobile post. -

HUNGER

No Mood

Country
      blank
      AL Points

WALL OF TEXT CRIT HITS FOR 9999 DAMAGE

EDIT: I haven't chat-RPed in a ages. How did you guys determine the winner? Did you have a sentenee limit or something where you'd stop and then tally up your attacks and dodges and such?

League of LEGGINGS!

Friendly

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Basically, it was attack 5x and connect 5x without the opponent dodging or blocking. Five hits won the battle, but if it was to the death, you had to prep a killing blow, attack, then connect. So, 6-0.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information