• zzzz
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

:D

Loved

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Re: Get Fit AL!!! 2013 Event!

Not checked in for a while but happy to have lost another 3 pounds on my weigh in today XD been a tough couple of weeks tbh, very stressful, and that never helps! just makes you wanna eat all the food thats bad for ya! ive been trying my hardest to keep the bad food to a minimum, but moving into my own place soon so shall be able to cook plenty of healthy meals
      But well done to everyone so far! just had a quick read through the posts glad everyone is loosing
      @Lilblossomcub i know what you mean stress can really make loosing harder, but def keep track of your measurements cause although you dont loose weight you could be loosing inches but an emotional roller coaster i can certainly relate to atm! hope all is getting better for you!
      congratulations!!!! @Bear @Velveeta and @Julia Chang
      @Sammi a friend of mine lost 5 pounds while on holiday so its not impossible! XD but ya gotta relax and enjoy as well dont be afaid to have a little fun i usually gain weight after a holiday...

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

The Best is Back!

Cocky

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Tomorrow's workout is the dreaded "Murph"

1 Mile to start
      100 press-ups
      200 Sit-ups
      300 squats
      1 mile to finish

Work till you are done!

Cool

Country
      UK
      AL Points

-Name: Drnogoodnik
      -Weight: 78, 185 cm tall
      - Why do you want to join?: i want to help motivate others, give advice and get advice and motivation and exchange workouts and routines, making friends is always a plus.
      -Your Goal: i want to be lean and fit, to have a fighters body, it helps with my karate.
      -Would you like to sign up for the weekly newsletter?: yes please
      -Contact Info: drnogoodnik

I am back. . . Maybe

Sigh

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

@Drnogoodnik Well I guess you posted someplace sooner then i thought. Id be willing to read any and all suggestions.

@water_spirit14 Its good to hear someone who understands. Then it doesn't make me seem so much like Im not succeding like everyone else in this thread.

Though what are everyone's diet/exercise suggestions that's reasonable to start off if out of shape.

Back in Habit

Not Dead

Happy

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Welcome drnogoodnik! I'll talk to Net about the newsletter so we can get it going, lol. If you need encouragement, you can post here or pm/Skype me or Net if she's online. I'd love to see some karate Techniques, if you want to share, as they are known to be great workouts! What kinds of advice are you looking for?

Cool

Country
      UK
      AL Points

First check in:
      i have actually been going to the gym for 5 months now previous to joining this event.
      my workout usually consists of a 20 minute jog for warm up, i do this usually at 12km/h and usually run 4km. its then followed by 5 different ab excersises 3 sets each. one for the top abs, one for lower, one twisting, and one side bending. the last one is any ab excersise. work on my muscle groups, i split them into mondays: biceps and shoulders, wednesday: chest and legs, friday: triceps and back.

my diet usually consists of 2 eggs in the morning with 2 pieces of whole meal bread and a bowl of porridge,

for lunch 2 slices of wholemeal bread again with either peanut butter or lettuce, tomatoes, ham, cheese and butter.

for my 3rd meal its usually what i having for my 4th meal so it will be 200 grams of chicken which contains about 40 grams of protein and 60 grams of rice. i usally have 3 different types of vegetables. i will have this meal twice a day.

for snacks i eat nuts such as almonds, raisans, apples and bannanas.

3 years ago i weighed about 110 kg ( i have pictures if any one needs proof) weight loss has been minimal this last year but i still have fat on my body i am just trying to become more lean.

if any one needs any advice on excersise tips and diet and nutrition i am a qualified chef and i am taking a bsc in culinary arts dont be afraid to ask.

Not Dead

Happy

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Wow... You should submit recipes for the newsletter...

I am back. . . Maybe

Sigh

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

*Sits and admires before writing stuff down* Okay I think i got the bit more motivation I need! Once I make some concoctions I shall list recipes Velsama!

Now on to work! *Pumps a paw in the ai*

Back in Habit

Cool

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Remember pain is only temporary! It may hurt today, tomorrow or even for a week, it will go away in the end. you'll emerge stronger! Never give up and never give in!

The Best is Back!

Cocky

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Workout for today:

50 box jumps
      3 mile run
      1500m row

Joint Second most hyper! :D

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

9lbs lost this week. That is godawful, I need to do more.
      Shadow: It's your fault Lexy. You pull the crazyout of the sane.

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

New weight: 18stone 1lbs
      Dropped another 3lbs and now oh-so-close to getting under the 18 stone mark.
      Wooooooobwoobwoobwoobwoob (\/) (W) (\/)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."
      -Leonard Nimoy 26/3/1938 - 27/2/2015

Joint Second most hyper! :D

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well done Bear <3
      Shadow: It's your fault Lexy. You pull the crazyout of the sane.

Cool

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Hey guys this is my routine for this week:

Monday 17th June 2013

25 minute run on 12km/h, total distance 5km, calories burnt approximately 400

abs:
      1. 3 sets of 20 crunches 2. 3 sets of pulse ups (for lower abs) 3. 3 sets of russian twist with 3 kg medicine ball 4. 3 sets of 15 reps for oblique crunch (15 on each side)
      5. 3 sets of 60 second plank ( weighted with 2.5 kg, 5kg and 10 kg). if u can tense the abdominal muscles while doing these exercises they will give you much better results, you will work your abs more.

Biceps:
      1. dumbells 3 sets of 15-12 reps. 8kg, 12kg and 16kg 2. barbell 3 sets of 15-12 reps: 15kg, 20kg, 25kg 3. hammer curl, 3 sets of 15-12 reps: 8kg, 10kg, 12 kg 4. bicep machine 3 sets of 15-12 reps: 14kg, 23kg, 36 kg 5. cable curls on the multi machine 8kg, 10kg, 17kg. (all exercises will be 3 sets of 15-12 reps)

shoulders:
      1. seated dumbell press: 8kg, 14kg, 18kg. 2. barbell front raise: 10 kg, 15kg, 20 kg. 3. side lateral raise: 4kg, 6kg, 8kg. 4. conveying shoulder press machine: 14kg, 23kg, 32kg. 5. rear raise (works rear deltoids) 25kg, 32kg, 45kg

wednesday 19th june
      20 minute 4k run 12km/h 350 calories

abs:
      1. decline situps 20reps 2.bosu crunch 20 reps 3. seated jacknife 20 reps 4. Rotary torso 14kg, 23kg, 27kg. 5. dumbell side bend 15 reps 16kg for all 3 sets.

chest:
      1. flat bench press 20kg, 30kg, 40kg. 2. incline bench press 20kg, 25kg, 30kg. 3. decline press for lower pecs (using dumbells) 12kg, 16kg, 20kg. 4. pec fly machine 32kg, 39kg, 52kg. 5. flat pec fly on bench 6kg, 8kg, 12kg.

legs:
      1. leg press: 32kg, 45kg, 52 kg 2. calf press 32kg, 45kg, 52kg 3. leg extension: 25kg, 39kg, 45kg 4. leg curl: 32kg, 45kg, 52 kg. 5. lunges 14kg 3 sets of 14

lower back: deadlift, when you do weights dont neglect your lower back as it supports you. if your back has ever popped due to heavey lifting your lower back would need to be worked.
      3 sets. 30kg, 40kg, 50kg.

friday 21st June 2013

30 minute bike ride 15km on resistence level 10, 400 calories burnt. averaging 95 rpm

abs: 3 sets for all excersises( not just abs)
      1. 20 crunches 2. 20 hanging knee raises 3. bike kick 4. woodchopper but knelt down on the multi machine. (twisting and side bending motion all in one exercise) 5. ab machine 36kg 20 reps for all 3 sets.

back:
      1. lat machine (pulling bar to chest) 25kg, 32kg, 45kg 2. lat machine (pulling bar behind head) 25kg, 32kg, 45kg. 3. lat machine (pulling it bar down like doing chin ups) 25kg, 32kg, 45kg. remember your body should remain stationary. if you use your body weight to pull down the bar you are not working your back to the full potential. 4. back extension machine (for training traps and lower back this motion is like the dead lift, but isolates your lower back and traps) 25kg, 45kg, 59kg 5. diverging lat machine 25kg, 32kg, 41kg

triceps:
      1. single arm extension 6kg 10kg 10kg 2. tricep extension using both arms 12kg, 16kg 24kg. 3. tricep kick back 2kg, 3kg, 4kg 4. tricep pressdown 8kg, 12.5kg 17kg 5. tricep cable extension 8kg, 12.5kg 17kg.

atm id say weight loss has definitely plataeued. im not losing anything in terms of weight. i average 76kg-79kg. losing fat still though, dont allow your cardio to come to a stand still, mix it up with difference cardio exercises, different times, intensities. it may seem like i do alot of weights and will be huge but thats not the case. it all depends on how much you eat and sleep aswell. like the old saying goes you can have a fast car but without fuel its nothing. i eat around 90grams of protein a day this can be in the form of 500grams of chicken and 2 eggs split in 3 meals. to become massive i would need to double that amount. instead im aiming to build core muscle and i would like to stay the same shirt lol

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Whoops forgot to post last friday.

17 stone 12 lbs

another 3 gone, probably not for long as went out over weekend >_>
      Wooooooobwoobwoobwoobwoob (\/) (W) (\/)

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory."
      -Leonard Nimoy 26/3/1938 - 27/2/2015

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information