• zzzz
  • Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

<3

Loved

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: Deadlands

"Wow," Dean replied, his eyes getting a little wide at her answer, "And here I thought we'd cleared out all of the buildings on campus. Strange that we missed you. And you've just been running around here under our noses this whole time? That must have been... stressful, to say the least- hiding from zombies and from humans. I can't lie and say that I'm not slightly disturbed that there's been another human being living amongst us without our knowledge. I can't for the life of me figure out why you wouldn't let us know you were here though. It's not like we're not a group of people trying to work together and get along to survive."

Dean continued to fight the urge to cross his arms during the conversation. He was starting to feel quite defensive. This girl had been sneaking around among his people for three weeks now. He had no idea what her motives might be or if she was even mentally or emotionally stable. She was obviously capable of survival, she'd done so without any direct aid for as long as he'd lived there, but who knew what else she could be capable of. Dean suppressed the concern from his voice and began speaking once more.

"Well, Kit, as you know I'm Dean. I'm a former Army Ranger Captain and Special Forces recruit. I'm the unofficial head of security for the group that lives here now, and if you wouldn't mind, I'd really appreciate it if you would allow us to help you and work with us rather than trying to survive on your own and hide from us. I can promise you that if you agree to join us, you'll be safer and better protected than you would on your own. I've got lots of other questions, but I'd feel much better continuing this conversation if I knew whether or not you were going to be on our side. If you don't want to, that's fine. We'll leave you alone and I'll trust that you won't do anything that would endanger this campus. Hopefully in a few days we'll be out of here anyway, on to a more secure location."
      Regarding Sun Tzu and War:"Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on Earth. And then he herded them onto a boat. And then he beat the crap out of every single one of them. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!

... Unless it's a farm!"

Faithy's Wife <3

zzzz

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Kit listened as Dean spoke taking in everything he was saying and not really liking much of it. He seemed surprised that she had managed to avoid his group even more so as they had cleared out all the buildings on campus and he couldn't it seemed understand why she had chosen to stay hidden rather than make herself know. As he finished laying down what in Kit's eyes equated to terms more than anything else, her gaze danced to Averil before it settled back on him, "Trust." she stated plainly staring at Dean straight on, "It boils down to trust and I didn't trust your group. Averil's voice was the first thing that I noticed was different so I decided to come out of hiding and take a risk in finding out who this new person was." she added her hands flexing into balled fists before she relaxed them once more, "She told me I could trust you, I want to believe that but I don't trust easy so this is a huge step for me but I want to stay with Averil so I guess that means I join up with you." she managed taking a deep breath to calm herself at the leap of faith she had just taken.
      There are some things you gotta save no matter what, even if it means losing everything - Bleach, Fade to Black.
      You think you can be forgiven - Lightning FXIII

If you look for the light, you can often find it. If you look for the dark, it is all you will ever see. - Legend of Korra
      When we reach our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. - Avatar Aang - Legend of Korra
      Where you go, I go. - Nicole Haught- Wynonna Earp
      What would you do, if you weren't afraid?
      Hope is the light that lifts us out of darkness

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Why would anyone take the time to burn the dead? Unless of course, she meant that people were setting zombies on fire as a way to kill them. Would that work? Lily didn’t think it would work since they couldn’t feel pain and would just be a walking fireball. But, what did she know? She was just a kid after all, right? Shaking her head at the thought, the young child found herself glancing up at the sky, wondering why the human race deserved this fate. In her mind, they couldn’t have done anything terrible enough to have walking corpses attempting to eat them. Sure, her teacher always claimed that people were evil, especially misbehaving children, but were they so evil that this fate had to be pushed upon them? It was incredibly depressing to think about, but it was something that had been plaguing her for a while now. Even when Katie told her to keep a lookout, she couldn’t focus entirely on the task.

Shifting her position, Lily moved in order to properly look around the area, aware of something nearing their location. The sound sent shivers up her spine and reminded her of all the times in school when she would drag her nails upon the chalkboard. It was funny how that noise didn’t bother her, but this one did. Her heart caught in her throat when Katie urgently whispered for her to get into the car and she didn’t even wait to be told a second time. Scrambling up into the passenger side of the vehicle, the orphan locked the door and scrunched down in her seat, releasing a soft whimper. Rocking back and forth as she waited for Katie to climb into the driver’s seat, Lily released a soft breath when the older female was soon starting up the hummer and driving away from the danger. Hopefully it had enough gas to get them to the college, but she wasn’t going to hold her breath.

“…I want my mommy…” She tried to keep from crying, but the fear inside of her was so strong that the only thing she wanted to do was be held by someone who was either dead or a zombie herself. Why did they deserve this? As they drove, she stared out the window, her pulse quickening as the college finally came into view.

“Lookit! There’s the college… we’re almost there, Katie!”

<3

Loved

Country
      USA
      AL Points

"I guess it does then," Dean responded and slowly stepped forward and extended his hand, "I understand this is going to be a rather stressful and trying time for you, coming out of the shadows like this. I hope you can find a comfortable place among us."

Kit didn’t return the gesture, and Dean withdrew his large mitt unceremoniously.

Turning to Averil he continued, "Now if the two of you are rested enough, I'd like to take you to meet the group's equally-as-unofficial-as-I leader. She's much better in dealing with people than I am, so I assume she'll make you feel much better about the situation. I know it's early in the day, but I'm sure Cassie would want to be introduced to our two newest members as soon as possible."

Under the assumption that their business was concluded for the time being, Dean walked toward the door and held it open for the two women. He would hold off on the rest of his questions for Kit, he could get those answers without grilling the poor girl. Cassie would be quite surprised when he brought two new girls to her so early in the morning.

At 0430, the boss-lady wouldn't be in her office just yet, but Dean could easily fill in the time until she arrived by pointing out to Averil and Kit the various buildings they had repurposed since their comandeering of the college. No doubt Kit already had a pretty good idea of most of it. In fact, she could probably be quite an asset, if she could get over the chip on her shoulder. Having a former student on their side would be even more helpful than the professor they acquired, as students tended to discover more of their campus than the teachers, who typically stuck to their own nooks and crannies. Cassie would no doubt be excited to pursue that aspect, but she always had a much gentler way of handling people than Dean's brusquer approach.

"That building right there," Dean pointed out on their trip across campus, "is one of the three residence halls we've taken over. There are more than enough rooms in each of them for all of us, but after we cleaned out the zombies and the bodies, we figured it would be more beneficial to have multiple options in case of a catastrophe. Each building is fairly defensible- solid construction, few entrances, and plenty of fighting positions available to fall back to. We’ve also opened up the gym across campus, the science building, as you’ve already seen, the administrative building, which is where we’re going, both of the dining facilities, which if I don’t show you, I’m sure Kit can.”

Westin made sure to walk well ahead of the women and give them their space. This was probably one of the first human connections Kit had made since the outbreak, and as her experience with Dean had gone rather roughly, the former Ranger wanted to give her the time and distance they’d need to talk without worrying about him eavesdropping.

The whole walk lasted about ten minutes before they found themselves on the footsteps of the door that led to the administrative building he’d referred to earlier. Holding the door open, Dean gestured for the two ladies to enter first and then turned on the lights, leading them down the hall to the massive doors that closed off the Dean’s office. There was a wooden bench next to the wall near the door that they could wait in if she wasn’t in at this ridiculous hour of the morning yet. Just in case she was though, Dean rapped his knuckles on the oaken portal.

@Velveeta
      Last edited by Deadsea; 09-24-2013 at 05:35 PM.
      Regarding Sun Tzu and War:"Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on Earth. And then he herded them onto a boat. And then he beat the crap out of every single one of them. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!

... Unless it's a farm!"

Administrator
      I've worked so hard on this day.

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

From what seemed like hours trapped in a small space while walking through the filthy water of the sewer Danni finally came to the end entrance of part of the sewer. Only to find out that the door which was just a hole with a barred cover was locked from the inside and no key in site. She could hear rushing water and knew it was probably a drain pipe headed toward a river or something and deiced to head backwards toward the place where it turned the other direction to hopefully find another way out. Turning around she headed back toward the other direction pointing the flashlight to the side to find the other way and finally after a few feet found the other tunnel. Flashing the light inward she didn't see anything nor hear anything, but saw light toward the far end so she headed toward what seemed like light further ahead. As she moved forward the floor seemed to go down at a slant more and further ahead she saw what looked like a huge stream of water.

"Great, now I have to cross it." She mumbled to herself hoping there wasn't some type of swimming zombie.

Looking around she didn't see anyway ahead, except for maybe the sewer piping that was above the running water toward the other side. Would it hold her weight, or would she fall into the murky smelling water? Deciding it was best to take a dip then falling in from above, she sat down on the edge and put one leg down into the water, but found footing right away. Maybe because all the toilets weren't working the flow of sewage was lower then normal. It still came up to her legs as she trudged through to the other side and stepped out. She'd have to throw the clothing away. This was the day she wished her nose was plugged.

Moving forward she thought she heard some clicking noises, but as she turned around she didn't see anything. As she moved forward more she came across another tunnel leading downward and flashed the light into that tunnel. If only she hadn't for in that tunnel two zombies were eating something and as soon as she turned the light on them they turned toward her. For a few seconds they stared at each other, then Danni started running as the zombies tore up the tunnel after her. Thanks to the low light she couldn't use her gun so running was the best option since getting stuck in a not so big tunnel was just asking to get bit. As she went around the curve she could still hear the zombies running toward her. She couldn't run forever and knew sooner or later they would get her. Looking around she noticed a ladder going upwards and a man cover, but as she started up the ladder broke apart and she fell down. Falling on her rear end she quickly got up, even though her footing wasn't that great to slimy water below and she just had enough time to go forward when the zombies slid on the floor and fell giving her enough time to get some type of distance between them knowing they were still going to come after her.

If only she could find a way out.

Twilight Knight!

Godly

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

They made it? No kidding? The SUV had enough gas for them to mow through the streets at a high speed to best avoid being followed. She could still hear the echo of the child's words in her head. I want my mommy... It choked Katie up and though she was able to remain calm it took a lot not to cry her own tears. She too missed her mother. And father. And everyone really. It wasn't likely she knew anyone who had made it.

"Yeah, we should be ok for a while," Katie managed in a bright tone as they pulled up to the gates. Hopefully it had not been overrun. figures could be seen moving about but that didn't promise a friendly welcome. She hung out the window, calling for someone to let them in.
      Like to RP? Love fantasy lands? Click here and join the Twilight Knights! Eidolon awaits!

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Lily pressed her face against the window, watching for dangerous as they continued to drive towards the college. She expected something to come out of nowhere and hit the car, but perhaps that was because she watched too many movies throughout her short lifespan. Her parents were gone a lot, so she entertained herself by watching all of the movies they refused to let her watch. Sometimes it was handy being smart enough to break through the parental locks. But, as the two of them came closer to the college’s entrance, Lily was starting to regret watching all of the scary movies. Shaking off the thoughts, she looked forward towards the grounds beyond the gates. She could see figures moving around, but couldn’t tell whether or not they were zombies are survivors. Shrinking down in the seat, she began to wonder if this was a mistake.

“…What if what we heard was wrong…? What if the college has already been overrun…?”

She wiped her tears away with the back of her hand, unable to help sniffing. She still wanted her mother, but knew that childish feelings had to be pushed aside if she wanted to survive. Petting NomNom gently, Lily watched as Katie leaned out her window, calling for some assistance. Was it wise to bring so much attention to them? Her stomach clenched up and she could feel her heart starting to beat hard and fast. Immediately she began looking all around the hummer, making sure that they weren’t ambushed by zombies. Why weren’t the gates being opened yet? Whimpering, she made sure her door was locked and looked back towards the entryway.

Come on… open up…

Useless things are always out of place.

Content

Country
      Finland
      AL Points

Averil bit her lip while looking at Dean's back gaining distance ahead of her and Kit. She wondered if he was already far enough to be out of earshot, as she did not want him eavesdropping on what she wanted to say to Kit. Although Averil felt like he was the sort of guy she could trust her life with, she somehow felt that she could not, however, trust him to be gentle enough with Kit. She thought it best to act as a buffer between them, at least for as long as they did not seem to get along – which she fervently hoped would not be for long. She did not want Dean to know she felt apologetic towards Kit either. It might have made Dean suspicious of her loyalties, and after everything that had happened to Averil in just 24 hours, even she was not sure where those loyalties truly laid. She knew she liked Dean and wanted him to have a high opinion of her. And she knew she liked Kit and felt protective of her. Earlier, she had made a decision in panic, but had she not been forced to do so… She was not perfectly sure if she would have chosen Dean over Kit. Which made her feel like a traitor towards him as well, on top of feeling like she breeched Kit’s trust with her earlier admission. Averil sighed, and glanced at Kit. Damned that I did, damned if I would not have… Guess it makes no sense to cry over spilled milk. I can only apologize to the one I hurt. She gulped and tugged gently at Kit's arm and begun her outpour.

"Kit, I'm really really sorry for Dean appearing like that. I really did not want to tell him you were there." She confessed, pausing for a moment. "But I... I couldn't lie. He heard your scream and thought it was me and I... I just couldn't lie. I couldn't think of anything els to say than the truth. I'm so sorry!" Averil tried to look at Kit’s eyes, somewhat afraid of what sort of emotion she’d see in them.

"S'okay. I think I understand why." Kit started as she picked up her backpack and slung it over her shoulder. "Your an honest person so it made sense. I... I didn't mean to scream but that's one nightmare I can't escape from." She paused then, slowly falling into step behind Dean, making sure they really were far enough to be out of earshot before continuing.

"I told you about my parents being killed, but I didn't elaborate about the fact that I was there. But it's the past right?" Kit asked, keeping close to the other woman as they walked. Averil stopped on her tracks for a tiny moment hearing Kit's answer, too shocked to move. She shook her head to get out of it, hurrying to catch up to Kit again.

"That... That is awful, Kit. No wonder you were screaming." she said, wondering what to say, almost certain no words would be appropriate. "...if you don’t mind telling me… What happened?"

Kit swallowed, unsure of either if she wanted to continue or how she wanted to continue. Averil hoped Kit still trusted her enough for it to be the latter. After a small pause, for Averil’s relief, Kit seemed to find the right words.

"Car accident, I was in the back seat so aside from breaking a couple of ribs and my wrist I survived, my parents weren't so lucky. I thought the nightmares had stopped, but they resurfaced since the outbreak though." she managed. Averil resisted the urge to sigh hearing Kit's words. As traumatizing as it must have been for Kit, for a while Averil had fretted that Kit's parents had been killed by someone. As far fetched is it would have been for that to happen, in a world were zombies loomed around every corner, she had been prepared to hear the worst. Still... It must have been a horrible thing to witness. Her voice grew soft as she answered to Kit.

"I'm glad you were lucky enough to avoid their fate, but... Oh Kit, I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say to that." Kit turned to face Averil and smiled softly at her.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything. It was hard, y'know, having to come to terms with the fact my parents were dead, but life moves on. Your the first person I've ever told, well aside from numerous counselors, But my last one told me to trust someone, said it would help me open up or something." Kit added, sounding like she was trying to explain herself as best she could to both her new found friend… and herself. Averil understood just how she felt. She smiled back at Kit, taking hold of her arm on instinct, mimicking something she had never done to anyone but had seen others do so many times. It was the first time she had a friend she could do that with.

"I'm glad you told me. I just wish I could help somehow."

"You are helping." Kit replied instinctively, seemingly enjoying the closeness the two of them were sharing, "More than I think you know. It's because of you I'm willing to stick with him." she managed, indicating Dean up ahead. Averil felt her smile tighten a bit, but she still kept it on her face. She could only hope that later, the two would get along better. And it did seem like despite not having shook Dean’s hand earlier, Kit still had some general respect for him, probably because of the fact that he had survived this long.

"We're almost at the Dean's office." Kit suddenly said, and they both fell silent, making the rest of the way without speaking, just holding on to each other’s arm.

( OOC: @Zombie_Rukia @Deadlark @Zombie Cheece (funny nicks are funny )

Thank your Jouro <3

Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
      Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell?
      Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
      Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
      Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
      Carue: if you like
      Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
      Carue: but you can have it

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

Ehryn peeked out from behind the overturned truck and resisted the urge to sigh. She had learned early on that the zombies were drawn to sound, and there were three up ahead blocking her path. So far they hadn't noticed her, and not for the first time she wished she had picked up some sort of city street map before everything went to hell in a handbasket so she could work out a way around them. Nevertheless she would have to, unless something else distracted them. Since the area was silent but for the myriad strange noises the undead made, she figured that wasn't going to happen any time soon.

Turning away and creeping silently back down the alley she had just come up she halted at the end and looked into the empty space before her. No sign of any zombies, phew. Keeping her back to the wall she slowly edged left, the way she wanted to go, rubber-necking all around to watch for both zombies and any obstructions or traps that might cause some noise and draw attention to her. Gently moving a brick out of her way she continued creeping until she reached the next open space - a doorway behind her. Enclosed spaces were dangerous, she had decided, but at least they contained a lot of hiding places for her as long as she was very, very quiet. She hoped that the several months' of dirt and grime encrusted on her body managed to disguise her scent too; out in the open she wasn't as concerned since it dispersed quite quickly and made it hard for the zombies to pin her down if she was quiet, but in an enclosed space they could hone in on her quickly, and she'd had a very narrow escape before to prove it. Stifling another sigh she entered the building, keeping low and ignoring her screaming ankles. They had gotten used to this hunched position by now, but still ached from time to time when she hadn't rested for a while.

The room she had entered was clearly the kitchen of an old cafe or deli, but it seemed like almost anything of use had been taken already. Hardly surprising, it was getting harder and harder for Ehryn to come across anything of use, especially food. Nonetheless she knew she would have to check for anything that had been missed. As quietly as possible she moved things around, checking in cupboards and even the fridge - bad idea - looking for anything still consumable. It was slow, painstaking work and after an hour she decided she had to rest. Climbing into one of the now-empty cupboards she shut the door almost all the way and then wedged a pan handle into the gap so that if something fell out in front of the door she'd be more likely to be able to get out. She was glad these were big industrial cupboards, it was getting harder to find a safe place to catch a nap too and if this had been a residence it would have been completely unsuitable. An hour or so later she woke up and sat still for a while, listening for the tell-tale sounds of anything or anyone nearby. Hearing nothing she pulled out her handgun and pushed open the cupboard door carefully, waiting with the gun pointed in the doorway in case something decided to investigate. Nothing again, so she carefully and as silently as possible pulled herself out of the cupboard, being careful to remain as low down as possible, just in case. Just because she couldn't hear or see a zombie, didn't mean one wasn't right outside the window waiting to see movement from within. She had no idea how intelligent these creatures were, so she was taking no chances.

Clearing the rest of the room took another hour or so, but it was not a fruitless effort. She managed to scrounge up a tin of tomatoes that had rolled underneath the shelves in the attached pantry/storage room, two energy bars from a mangled box that were only just out of date and the prize of her collection: a single small tin of corned beef. She hated corned beef, but it was protein and the shelf life on it was about fifty bazillion years. At the least she might be able to barter it with someone for something not horrible, she reasoned, despite not having seen hide nor hair of anyone in a while. Anyone living, anyway. Her spirits lifted by her finds, she continued on carefully through the building, edging down a narrow hallway that led from the kitchen to the main dining area and stopping regularly to listen. Inside the dining room it was cluttered with junk and broken furniture, a few mouldering headless zombie corpses festered in one corner and Ehryn briefly wondered who could have killed them, but no human casualties remained to turn her stomach. Creeping to the front of the building she looked out and smiled. She had moved just far enough up the street that she was now on the other side of the zombies blocking the street. Looking up to see if there was a bell on the door - another habit formed from early mistakes - she was relieved to see that there had been one, but it was no longer in situ. Opening the door carefully, hoping it didn't creak, she edged outside and looked around. The zombies hadn't noticed her, they'd turned their backs again and were looking in another direction so she quickly scuttled away from them to another safe piece of cover. One thing she couldn't fault the Americans for was providing ample hiding places, back home most of the city centres were completely pedestrianised so there would be no cars or post boxes to hide behind. She looked up and to her right... she was nearly there.

The college had seemed like a logical place to head for, once she had worked out how to not get killed. One night when she was hiding behind some vents on a rooftop she had seen what looked like shadowy figures patrolling the walls around the campus so she had kept a look out for them during the day and, sure enough, they had seemed like real, live people. Tiny, faraway people, but people nonetheless. It had taken her weeks to navigate the city to get this close. She didn't know her way around and kept getting lost in the side-streets. Not to mention all the times she had to back-track or run from zombies, losing her valuable time. Turning her head as she crept forward, closer and closer, she sipped from the pack-straw that contained her precious liquid supply in a bottle hidden inside her rucksack. Today's drink was apparently some sort of fizzy pop, she hadn't really looked at the can too closely before pouring it out. It was nearly flat, but that was okay. She'd been nursing it all day, knowing she only had two small bottles of water and another miscellaneous can left as all the drink she had left. That was one of the reasons the tinned tomatoes were a good find, they at least had their own juice that would sustain her a little.

It was so close now, she could practically taste it. All she had to do was walk up to the gates and knock. She couldn't do that, she knew, in case zombies came from nowhere. Her head lifted as she heard a noise, a loud noise coming up the street. As she watched a vehicle, some kind of SUV it looked like, drove up to the gates of the college.

'Are they crazy??' she thought, looking around wildly to see if the noise had attracted any zombies. Miraculously it seemed that they were all otherwise occupied and as she watched they pulled up and someone leaned out - she couldn't make out what they looked like - shouting to be let in. Well, this was as good a time as any to try and find her own way into the campus. While the nearby zombies were likely being distracted by that din she could make a break for the walls. At least once she was there it would be easier to get in, and if she was really fast and really, really lucky, she could jump in behind the vehicle. Of course, she'd have to move tactically still otherwise the watchers on the walls would think she was a zombie making for the noise and shoot her. Standing up she jogged for the next piece of cover, looked around, jogged to the next one. As she did she fumbled in her rucksack, glad that she kept it on her front and not her back where it would be too inaccessible, for something brightly coloured that she could wave to show she was human and not undead. She managed to come up with a not-completely-filthy yellow t-shirt and began waving it above her head, hoping that the scouts were professional enough to keep a proper lookout even while a distraction was going on. Ehryn knew she couldn't be trusted to do the same, but it had been long enough now she felt hope that others would have learned some tricks the way she did.

Ducking and dodging and weaving her way across what was left of the ground between her and the college, Ehryn waved her t-shirt with all her might and whirled around this way and that looking frantically for zombies. As she hit the wall she allowed herself a sigh of relief, trying hard to control her breathing so she wouldn't pant too loudly. She hadn't been shot. That was good. Putting her back to the wall she began her fastest possible sidle - much easier now that she was upright and not trying to crouch - in the direction of the SUV, skipping over obstacles with an abandon she hadn't felt in a long time that was quite liberating while also being absolutely terrifying. She was mere metres away from the car now, she could see the person hanging out the window was a woman with maybe blonde hair? She wasn't too sure. And... was that a kid in there? The surprise almost stopped her in her tracks but she knew this could be her only chance to get inside without getting killed so she pressed on. She made it up to about a metre from the car and waved her 'flag', hoping the driver and the people inside would see her. She opened her mouth to shout, to tell them she was safe.

"..."

A dusty croak came out. She frowned and took a gulp of her drink, annoyed at the waste, before clearing her throat and trying again.

". . ."

Frantic now, she waved her shirt and stayed put, not wanting to frighten them by coming any closer or appearing threatening. Well, as threatening as a choppy-haired girl wearing a my little pony backpack could be, in any case. Tears threatened to prick her eyes but she blinked them back furiously, not wanting to risk losing her sight for even a second as she looked around keeping an eye out for zombies. She tried again to speak.

"... ... ..."

<3

Loved

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Dean and the two girls had been waiting outside Cassie’s office for only a few minutes before he noticed a young boy running towards them. There weren’t too many faces or body types to remember on campus, and the kid’s gait and body shape was unmistakable.

“Dean!” called out 17-year-old Ryan Goetz as he sprinted toward the administrative building from the grassy area outlined by the campus’ network of sidewalks and brick structures.

Hearing a tone of panic in his voice and the urgency with which he raced across campus, Dean began jogging down the steps to meet him.

“Slow down guy,” Dean greeted him, a look of concern crossing his face as he saw the Goetz’s expression. The boy was known to be pretty excitable, and whatever got him concerned could usually be taken with a grain of salt. These days though, it was worth taking anything seriously until further investigation proved otherwise. “What’s up?”

“A group just left the wire,” Ryan had been attempting to pick up Dean’s expressions for the past few weeks and hadn’t been doing a terrible job, though it still sounded strange hearing it come from his baby face. His message was too alarming for Dean to note the mimicry, however.

“Who?”

“The professor, Burlow, Cartwright, Elizabeth, Carl, and Jones,” he rattled off a list of people, alternating between using first and last names for each.

Dean clenched his jaw and muttered spitefully, “Dick… Fuckin’ Dick…”

Richard Burlow, or Dick, as Dean had taken to calling him, had always been a little on the obstinate side. He was obviously not used to anyone else telling him what to do or how to do it, and had become more and more contrary where Dean and Cassie’s decisions were concerned. Almost any time they came out with a guideline or rule for their small community of survivors, Dick had to voice his dissension, regardless of how moronic his reasoning was. Dean got the impression that Burlow simply resented the fact that he wasn’t in charge, and so instead did his best to undermine everything Smyrl and Westin tried to put together. It was like operating a boat with a mutineer constantly pointing out flaws, imaginary or not.

Unfortunately, in a post apocalyptic world full of undead cannibals, there was no shortage of mistakes to point out, especially since hindsight was always 20/20. Some of the decisions Dean had made didn’t always turn out the best outcomes, and it was impossible to tell exactly what would have happened each time if he had made a different call, but Dick had made it his job to explain to anyone who would listen what would have happened if he had made the call instead, and what he would have done differently, regardless of whether it made sense or not. Eventually, a few people had begun to listen, and it was some of this crowd that had gone out with him that early morning.

It was obviously his intention to stir up a larger following with such a bold move, blatantly giving the group’s leaders the finger with his actions. Dean was to blame, however. If he and Kyle hadn’t gone out the night before, this wouldn’t have happened. Now he’d set a dangerous precedent that it was just fine for anyone in the group to come and go as they please. Never mind that he and Kyle both had years of training and experience under their belt operating in hostile territory under cover of night, with Burlow around, if Dean went out without telling anyone, then Dick would too.

“I’m sure Cassie will be along shortly,” the former Army Ranger turned to the two new females, “ I’ve got some business to attend to right now. If you want to come along with me, you’re more than welcome, but I think you’re both capable of entertaining and looking after yourselves here.”

With that, Dean turned and broke into a slow run headed for the gate. There was only one main portal in and out of campus, Dean and the group had seen to that when they fortified the walls. They’d used sheet metal and fencing to fill in the holes in the outer campus wall. It much more accurately resembled a military post than a school, at least from the outside looking in. The gate could only be opened from the inside and there was constantly someone there, just like there was always someone to watch the walls in case of an attack, by zombies or otherwise.

Something was going on outside the gate as Dean and Ryan ran up to it. The massive door was slowly opening and one of the gate guards was waving a vehicle through. At first Dean assumed that Dick and his group had come back early, but then he saw a wall guard with a weapon fixed on the vehicle. That was only standard procedure for unknown vehicles requesting to come in.

“Jesus Christ,” Dean spoke under his breath, lifting his cap with one hand to run the other through his locks. He was going to have to choose which incident was going to take precedence- the moron and his group possible getting killed or making sure whoever was being allowed into camp right now wouldn’t pose a threat.

... Unless it's a farm!"

After a few minutes of mental debate, Lucas decided on the crowbar tucked beneath the other tools. It was the best option available for getting the door open, though he'd hoped there would have been something quieter available; now he was regretting the decision to leave the hack saw back at Stacie's house.

Motioning for the young teen to keep an eye out while he worked, Lucas positioned the bar against the padlock on the door, shifting it around until the tapered end slid through the loop keeping the door shut. He took a moment to wipe the sweat from his forehead, brought about more from stress than the heat, before pushing his weight against the bar and trying to force the lock apart. A few times there was the faint grown of metal bending or a tiny click as part of the locking mechanism was broken, and he began to worry that there was going to be a lot of noise when he finally got the door open.

Just as the thought crossed his mind, his hand slipped, and the crowbar clattered loudly against the concrete steps before he could catch it. Stacie jumped and looked back at him, before turning her attention back to the surrounding street. Lucas looked around as well, catching a few brief signs of movement among the abandoned vehicles. Probably not a horde, but more than he wanted to deal with right now, and with how much noise he'd just made there were likely more on the way.

It was time to throw caution to the wind before they were surrounded. He picked up the crowbar and forced it between the door and the frame, throwing his weight against it in an attempt to just break the lock off. As he pried at the door, he felt a tug on his shirt; turning, he saw Stacie pointing out into the street, where there were now maybe half a dozen zombies coming toward them. That just spurred him on more, and after a few more heaves the door was thrown open with a loud crack, the padlock swinging from the door a couple times before falling with a metallic thud. He landed on his side, letting out a grunt as his head struck something on the floor and turning to see Stacie darting in after him with their belongings. She helped him to his feet, and they hurried to bring the rest in and close the door.
      "
      They held the door against the zombies, nearly getting thrown back each time they pounded on the heavy door. "Stace, get the flashlight and find something we can push against the door!"

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

Ehryn saw that the gates were beginning to open and, not wanting to risk being shut outside, bolted for the gap, nearly getting crushed between the SUV and the doors in the process. Once inside she leapt to one side so she wouldn’t be blocking the entry for the car and then held her hands out, palms up, in a gesture of surrender.

Her mind worked frantically, why hadn’t she been able to cry out? She knew it had been a while since she last spoke to someone, but had it really been so long? This... was going to make things difficult. She tried a few different noises, trying not to care that these people were going to think her simple, frowning to herself. As they waved the vehicle through she finally managed to get out a whisper of a word or two and felt quite pleased with herself.

’I guess I just got out of practice,’ she thought, hoping that with more practice her voice would return to her. She’d spent so many months training herself not to make a sound so as not to alert the zombies that she had clearly lost her full vocal range. It would take her some time and practice to get back into the habit of talking, she supposed.

One of the gate guards was pointing a weapon at her and she tried to give him her best ‘unthreatening’ look, before slipping her rucksack off her chest and dropping it slowly to the ground. She figured no sudden movements would be a good course of action, and once the bag was on the ground she gently nudged it towards them with her toe. She was unhappy at the thought of losing her gun and what little food and drink she had left, but she would be less happy if they shot her for carrying a concealed weapon. Nodding towards the bag she tried to make it clear with gestures that they could take it and whatever it contained. She even took a step backward away from it so that when they found the gun they wouldn’t feel threatened by her. The last thing Ehryn wanted at this point was to be killed by the first survivors she had made contact with. So she stayed put, waiting for instructions.

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

When her kitty craned his neck and tried to look out the backseat window, Lily felt her stomach clench up immensely. Carefully shifting her body so that she wasn’t hurting her neck, all the while making sure she was remaining quiet, the small child looked out the same window. Totally expecting to see a horde of death-things, she was confused when there was a single female approaching the car. The woman went on the driver’s side and Lily kept her gaze upon her like a hawk. She wasn’t moving like a zombie, but that didn’t mean anything because she could have been newly bitten. Oddly enough the stranger was swinging around what appeared to be a t-shirt, but otherwise wasn’t making a sound.

“…Katie, lookit… Do you think she’s safe?”

The gates were finally opening, but before they were able to drive forward, the t-shirt waving woman rushed forward in order to get inside. That sort of worried Lily, but she didn’t press it for the time being. Not only that, she became instantly sidetracked by the backpack the choppy-haired girl happened to be wearing. Almost shouting out that she loved My Little Pony, the orphan clamped her mouth shut. Now definitely wasn’t the time to be noisy. Katie finally moved the SUV forward, and Lily felt her chest loosening up immensely. They were safe – well as safe as one could be considering the circumstances. In fact, even though there were several guards with guns pointed at them, she felt one-hundred-percent better. The My Little Pony chick was standing to the side in order to keep from getting ran over and had both hands up in order to show that she wasn’t dangerous. Looking at the woman, the purple-haired seven-year-old attempted to determine whether or not she could see any bite marks, but unfortunately she was too far away.

“Hey! We’re clear in here! No – well… at least, I’ve not been bitten!”

Shifting her attention towards Katie, Lily realized that she really didn’t know if the other girl had been bitten or not. What if she was with someone that could turn any minute? That thought was extremely worrying and was enough to send her clamoring out of the vehicle, clutching NomNom before adjusting her backpack. Putting her kitty on her head, she also held her hands up to show she wasn’t a danger. Of course, it probably looked odd to see a child in the middle of such a predicament, but she was a survivor.

Twilight Knight!

Godly

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

The series of events leading up to the gate finally opening was worrisome to say the least. Another survivor, perhaps, had approached the car but bolted when the gates opened. Katie had mere told her little companion that they would be taking no chances at this point, they needed to get in. Finally she was able to get the vehicle through the opening, a sigh of relief escaping her as Lily clamped her mouth for some reason.

When the child spoke, Katie nearly forgot she was just a little kid. Self-preservation came easy to this girl and Katie admired that. Usually she'd find it odd, but these days...well, the better you were at saving yourself the better off you were.

She rolled down the window and rose her hands up, forming two thumbs up.

"We're clean, I promise," she noted to the man with the gun, "And we'd both prefer if you didn't straight up murder us on the suspicion that we're not."
      Like to RP? Love fantasy lands? Click here and join the Twilight Knights! Eidolon awaits!

Lord Kaze Master of AL
      Exterminatus

Godly

Country
      UK
      AL Points

"Well...Remind me to not do that again in a hurry. I should have ,least,shaken it before zipping. Oh gawd... I can feel it dribble down my leg.." He mutters under his breath whilst moving away from his "leaking" area. This wasn't the first time he had done something dumb like that. In fact, it was impossible to do anything not dumb when it came to nature calls and the undead. His mind had began to go back into the time when he had eaten a out of date tin of.. The noise of the car horn, blasting ,had caught his attention. He only stops to just look back to try locate the source of the noise before pondering. The chances of this "horde" learning how to drive was next to nothing but still. Something had set the alarm off . This is becoming more hassle than he wished for. The plan was meant to be locating and searching for supplies before moving a few more blocks down. Creating a outpost and traps to fend off for a short time while they find a better plan of action rather than run around killing the undead, even though in his eyes: this would have been far more suited. Limiting the amount around would make such task of searching rather easier. He had no clue on how many there was of these..."things" but guessing from where they were. Shite loads would be the right amount.

He didn't have time to teach her how to use the bow when this was happening. He knew she had a weapon but that would be less of an ideal way to fight. Only really good use of them was up and close. This would ,also, increase the chance of them getting over ran. Only way they could battle what ever was there,was to stick to the roof top and use any means. The bricks could be pushed off, making a "make shift" land slide of blocks to slow, even crush a few .But there again, that would be only for a limited time.

He tilts his head towards Mcboobies as he grins happy. "Looks like we get some sport and fitness today. Keep to the roof and only use that boom boom stick when and if needed. We'll look for what ever set it off. But."- He leans closer to her as he whispers-" If it is some form of alive humans ,and they want our items, kill them. I'll make sure they only see me and you boom-blast them from behind. Hah.... Behind blast. Get it? Blast? Farting...Oh never mind"

The car alarm had not been shut off. He was going to use this as a way point to locate what/who ever was there . His right hand clips the make shift bat to his belt as the cloak hides it from view. Slowly, he brings the right hand towards the handle of the compound bow,wrapping his fingers along the handle as he slides it from his form. Holding it, the tips of the limbs point either side [front and back ] whilst his form became slightly slumped. Knowing there was only a short time window, he starts to jog towards. "Remember the plan. Kill or be killed if they're bad assholes".

Spoiler:  
      Poisoned by the snakes in the grass/ Hoaxed by the rats out the maze/ They should have never poked the lion as he pass/ Cuz now it's two hawks in a cage/ This a tale of a cautionary kind/ This a story of that Icarus design / This a message from the hanged man's twine/ This when mother nature rips apart the fault lines/ And this the type of case that make a grown man cry/ When feeble of the spine crumble underneath the grind/ When blessings of the meek lead to lessons of the blind/ When Heaven shows its teeth and the planets are aligned/ So amusing the feeling as they race off/ Got 'em musing from the pressure as I chase off/ Should have thought it through before he turned to face off/ Now this fool sounding like he gone and turned his bass off/ This an ace caught, cut the game short/ You don't want to have an escalation of the maimed sort/ And you don't want to feel the flame that burns pride/ Now you know the reason why those sleeping dogs lie

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information