• Shy
  • Sigh
  • Silly
  • Sneaky
  • Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Re: We've come too far to give up who we are [Spam Thread]

I started reading Stranger in a Strange Land but already I don't care for the views the author expresses so I doubt I will continue reading, despite it being a classic.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Wibbly~Wobbly
      Hype Hype!

Awesome

Country
      UK
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Well hi de hi people. Sorry I've been away - good to see some activity, from many awesome people

Creative Arts & Writing - You should go here!
      You're so far past the line, You've gone past the Medusa Cascade, through Narnia and landed smack bang in the middle of Mordor. Where you killed the cookie monster, dissected him, then tried to eat him before choking to death on his insides.

Manwards

@Noirre Because I'm crap and I hate every word I write. Basically!

Meetups Mad Man (H-Mod)
      That GeekOut Guy

Cocky

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Noirre Favourite things to blog about. Hm, well... My blog is all about "Geekdom" and a naive look at geek culture. Currently, the only articles I do are on video games, anime and technology as well as bits and pieces for the social group/the occasional review for whatever someone sends to me (I love getting e-mails from readers!) However, I'm in talks with a good friend of mine who might be coming onto the site to blog about RPGs/Trad gaming. That'd be an exciting branch to follow on there! Blogging has been easy so far, in that I blog because I want to blog about something, not because I have to. I don't have a set schedule, but I post in general 5-6 times a week on a good week.

On the flipside, on 1001-Up, the other site I blog for, I do a once a week article on game development on a budget. That has to be submitted the night before, so I get a weeks worth of research/writing before posting the article. Needless to say, the quality of the articles are much higher than the rapid fire blog style of GeekOut, but blogging is much about thoughts and views - So both ways work here. It's down to finding that style for you

Blogging about what makes you giggle is the best kind of blog - The one you want to do as you and it will show in the writing!

-- Now, I apologise as I am slightly interrupting the mention for @Capsicle - But I clicked on that George R R Martin picture and whilst it's true; there is that fear... I've sort of learned with his writing that it's not actually a fear of death of characters: Just when it is going to happen. I couldn't really invest in a character, under the premise that I'm sure at some point they'll just be killed like the rest of them. Ink-lambs to the slaughter, a real shame for me!

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...y:Status:_Dead Click this at your own peril everyone - It's a list of all the dead characters - 16 pages worth of dead characters? Morbidity can only go so far before becoming satirical in my opinion. Page 16 is "only" 11 characters, so my amazing math skill says (12 x 16) - 1 = 191 confirmed dead characters. There are 5 books released, 2 more novels to be released if I'm not mistaken? (The George RR Martin not using Twitter picture gave me a good chuckle, btw!)

But that's the joy of good reading/writing. You'll take away an opinion of something that might not be shared with everyone else

So here's one right back at you @Noirre - If you had to be snuggled up next to a toasty fire for a night and had to choose some way of entertaining yourself (Let's keep it clean now! ;P) then what do you do? Do you read and if so - what is it? Or is it another hobby?
      What's that? You want to meet some people? Come join us over in the Meetups, Events & Clubs section, we're pretty darn awesome and we'd love to meet you!
      Seriously. We want to meet you

Bristol/South-West people - Come join some Bristol-based geeks with GeekOut South-West - Click the banner for our website!

Seriously, it's free and you get to meet some cool people, come join in!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Remember that even if you're not there now, you'll get there some day! - Me, 2014.

Geek proud, GeekOut
      www.geekoutsw.com <- Blog! I interview people here at Anime League. Come read the interviews!
      Timlah

QUEEN OF SPARKLES

Loved

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Noirre the sad thing is, there are some brilliant raw ideas in the series. If written well, they could have been absolutely amazing novels. However, Smeyer can't write for anything, so it's wasted imagination :/

Quote Originally Posted by CARUE-WOW
      well getting bummed with a sofa sure would break monotony

:D

Loved

Country
      UK
      AL Points

We've come too far to give up who we are [Spam Thread]

I was thinking today it would be cool if AL had a book club! I've always loved books and it's would be a great way to boost activity if we all discuss the book as we read it :3 Thinking its not really the right thing to put in EZ I took a gander into this section for the first time What do you guys think?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Useless things are always out of place.

Content

Country
      Finland
      AL Points

@Manwards : Writer's block, eh? I hate when those happen. You wouldn't be up for a small friendly challenge to get some of those creative juices going?

@Capsicle : I actually think that the last novel was written pretty well. I didn't get stuck anywhere and Bella grew some serious ovaries. But as a whole, yeah, way too much melodrama.

@Timlah : Hmm well I have a pretty varied set of interests and I pretty much fluctuate between them. Reading is one of my passions, and so is writing. But I also like to draw and paint, crochet and knit and do other crafts like felting and metal weaving. Basically, one thing rarely keeps my interest for more than a few weeks, and then I switch to something else - in a way I recycle hobbies. But I always get back to the things I love at one point or another. The upside is that I trying out all sorts of things keeps me interested and has brought me all sorts of skills (which also help in writing about different sorts of characters), the downside is that I rarely finish any big projects (Knitting a scarf? Yes. A sweaters? No. Writing a poem or a chapter? Yes. Writing a novel? No.) And I've wasted way too much money on craft supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by water_spirit14 View Post
      I was thinking today it would be cool if AL had a book club! I've always loved books and it's would be a great way to boost activity if we all discuss the book as we read it :3 Thinking its not really the right thing to put in EZ I took a gander into this section for the first time What do you guys think?
      @water_spirit14 : We actually had a book club that was hosted by the lovely @Ehryn , but it was retired when she had no time to keep it going anymore. But I'm sure we could get one running again. Would you like to host it or co-host it with someone, or just like to see one put up again?

Thank your Jouro <3

Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
      Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell?
      Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
      Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
      Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
      Carue: if you like
      Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
      Carue: but you can have it

Manwards

@Noirre I can't see myself having time atm between work, the gym and my holiday coming up. ^_^;

Content

Country
      Finland
      AL Points

D'awww. Well, the offer stands, so feel free to summon me for a match at some point if you want.

Thank your Jouro <3

Manwards

I'll keep it in mind. ^_^

Content

Country
      Finland
      AL Points

@Detective V I seee youuu lurkinggggg

Thank your Jouro <3

Loved

Country
      UK
      AL Points

We've come too far to give up who we are [Spam Thread]

We actually had a book club that was hosted by the lovely @Ehryn , but it was retired when she had no time to keep it going anymore. But I'm sure we could get one running again. Would you like to host it or co-host it with someone, or just like to see one put up again?
      Aw that's such a shame it retired! D: I just personally would love to see one up again i sure there would be plenty of interest from other members I have no issues co-hosting as an assistant :3 my focus is moderating EZ ATM but I'm more than happy to help out :3

drifted baaack

Amused

Country
      UK
      AL Points

@Noirre Ah... you've caught me, I was cowering in the shadows out of shame after a long period of departure from this blessed site.

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

@Noirre @water_spirit14 I should have time to help out co-hosting a book club if you need some help, or if not of course I'm available if you want to ask me anything about what I learned from running it, and the threads shouldn't have gone too far if you want to take info from them too you're more than welcome. <3 It was a really good idea that just had a few kinks needing ironing out, and someone with more time to dedicate to it than I had.

Loved

Country
      UK
      AL Points

Great news yea all the advice you can give would be great! It might be easier with more ppl running it to share the load? Poke Jed for my skype if you wanna discuss without spamming your spam thread XD I'm more than happy to help :3

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread Information