• zzzz
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

Re: League Garden {Casual RP, All Welcome!}

From her vantage point Ehryn could hear a few of the conversations that were going on, one nearby group that seemed particularly rowdy were talking about training and she turned her attention to them with interest. They were talking about junctioning magic and GFs, now here was a subject she could get into! She edged closer, hoping nobody would notice and listened to the older guy talk about how stronger monsters are attracted to stronger fighters and before she knew it she was nodding along in agreement.

“U-um,” she said when he finished speaking, “I can get you some curaga...” her voice was almost a whisper, “not much, but some cura too maybe... i-if you junction it to your HP...” she trailed off shyly, suddenly realising she had butted in to this conversation without invitation. Quickly she swept up one of her coffee cups and took a big gulp, hiding her face behind it ineffectively.

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Faithy wasn’t even sure if her comment was heard, and frankly, that suited her just fine. Pushing some of her red hair out of her face, she shifted her attention towards the ceiling, wishing that she could sink up into nothingness and be away from the huge crowd. The males continued talking about what to use to defeat the T-Rexaur’s and Faithy continued to think about how loud the cafeteria was at such an early time in the day. Within her peripheral vision, she saw the one who seemed to be starving look over at her as if he was studying her. Was it because of what she said concerning the five beasts? Probably and although it made her a little uncomfortable, she managed to keep from turning red or fidgeting more than normal.

“Hnn…”

She thought about crawling under the table and even went as far as to dip her head beneath it in order to look at the floor. What was caked on the ground was enough of a deterrent to keep her from touching the surface and so, she was once again stuck in the booth with people she didn’t really even know. The conversation shifted to magic and she found herself slightly intrigued and even went so far as to shift her body towards them a little more. Of course, she didn’t make a sound and hoped that no one noticed how intently she was listening to their conversation. It always interested her to find out what types of magic other people use because no one went about a task the same way. A first year who had been standing nearby was suddenly at the table talking about getting some curaga. Realizing that she hadn’t really answered the one who had asked about partners to go into the training room with him, she finally piped up.

“In regards to your previous invitation to accompany you back to the training room, sir, I would, but I train alone. Good luck though. Excuse me…” Sliding out of the booth, she squeezed between the table, booth, and chairs and released a heavy breath once free. She hated being so awkward and weird around strangers.

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

Ehryn watched as the other girl excused herself and left, then felt embarrassed – she hoped that wasn’t because of her. However, it freed up a space near the talkative crowd for her to sit down, and since juggling her breakfast in one hand while trying to eat with the other was getting tiresome she decided to sit down without waiting for an invitation. They seemed like a friendly enough bunch, and probably wouldn’t mind – she hoped.
      Wiggling into the vacated space she began to eat the rest of her breakfast mutely, waiting to see what the others would say and absently thinking about what the plan would be for the rest of the day. She had seen something about a dance being organised so perhaps she would find out more about that, she hadn’t had any kind of lesson plan or timetable so she figured she’d just look around until someone told her where to go. She hoped maybe one of these people might know, if they would talk to her.

<3

Loved

Country
      USA
      AL Points

As Skylark took in all the experience and advice being doled out around him, he was definitely shocked at some of these revelations. He’d never so much as heard of any creatures like this still living, and to not only find out they’re still around, but that someone is apparently breeding them to fight students at a place of learning was mind-blowing. At the same time, it excited him to no end. He’d never been much of a hunter, but he loved combat, ever since he was a kid playing Power Rangers with friends in his back yard, the concept of competition on a level as primal as mortal combat intrigued him. Since then he’d begun seeking out various venues to explore this obsession in a healthy way. It started with Tae Kwon Do and point-sparring as a tween, and then amateur Muay Thai competition when he was a teenager, until he was putting on 4 ounce gloves and combining wrestling, Brazilian jiu jitsu, and his Muay Thai skills together in one-on-one competitions against other like-skilled men.

He did alright competing as an amateur, and then he joined the Army as an airborne infantryman, trained to jump out of airplanes and shoot bad guys in the face. It was almost like his childhood fantasy come true, except it became very, very real when he was finally deployed. The reality was much darker than he would have liked. Friends were lost, and he knew true, desperate fear at least twice.

With the events of the war behind him now, however, he found himself still drawn to that basic level of competition. There were times that he realized he was bursting with energy and excitement and the desire to beat the living hell out of another human being, though he harbored absolutely no malice toward whatever individual it would be. He sincerely doubted that the League Garden would condone an organized mixed martial arts team that actively competed, nor did he think it would be the best idea to try to start a “Fight Club” on campus either. Discovering these training grounds, however, presented a real test. Kill-or-be-killed combat with creatures that he would only be able to take on with an equalizer equipped.

And it was designs for this equalizer that continued to float through his head while he listened to the other students. He was absolutely blown away by the tales these kids had, talking about surviving an entire summer on an island filled with dangerous predators, as well as their own impressive kill records. The female who mentioned taking them on by herself drew raised eyebrows around the table, some of them were obviously quite skeptical, and Skylark himself didn’t know for sure whether to believe her or not, not after what he’d seen that morning, but something told him that claims like that weren’t something most people would make up, at least not to other students familiar with the grounds.

Part of the discussion turned to the use of magic, like the kind he’d seen the receptionist at the gym use to help subdue the giant monster they’d fought off this morning. This was also something he was entirely unfamiliar with, and decided that he would take it upon himself some time to have someone teach him more about it. They spoke about bonding it to their weapons and using sleep and ice magic. Apparently the table and its discussion was growing quite popular, because another female who had overheard the conversation from her neighboring table spoke up, talking about cura and curaga and hp, things Skylark was still completely unschooled in.

The girl who had quietly announced she’d destroyed five of the massive T-Rexes herself seemed to have finally had her fill of the crowded table and excused herself, getting up and heading away from the group. As she left, the new girl sat down in her place, but didn’t say anything else yet, as no one had responded to her offer for what Sky only assumed was more magic stuff. Skylark was very tempted to stay at the table and continue talks, but he was afraid that the discussion was starting to turn more into a show of one-upsmanship, who killed how many in what time frame and how. With everyone at the table already relatively educated, he needed someone who was more interested in talking to him on his level, not theirs.

“Thanks for all the advice guys,” he told them as he stood up, leaving a slip of paper with his cell phone, name, and room number on it. “I definitely think I’m going to look into this further. Here’s all my contact information if anyone wants to get a hold of me after today about going back into the training grounds. I don’t have any equipment yet, but I’ll be ordering some and if anyone has any recommendations for other gear and where to get it, I’d love to hear it.”

With that he waved and turned, heading toward the female who apparently didn’t like socializing. He hoped she’d forgive him for trying to be more social.

“Excuse me, miss?” he asked as he approached, “I didn’t catch your name at the table there. I’m Skylark. I know you prefer to do things on your own, but if you don’t mind I was wondering if you’d have some time to talk about your experiences in the training grounds? I’m familiar with firearms and plan to use them when I go back in, but I’m not comfortable to be going myself, and I’d rather talk to you about how you manage to handle monsters like that on your own.”
      Regarding Sun Tzu and War:"Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on Earth. And then he herded them onto a boat. And then he beat the crap out of every single one of them. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!

... Unless it's a farm!"

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Making her way to dump her tray, Faith tossed whatever was left in the trash before setting down the tray itself on the giant washing belt deal. Turning around, she glanced once more at everyone still gathered around the tables, happily gabbing and sighed heavily. It was clear that this year was probably going to be the same as last year, but most of that was her fault. She didn’t know how to get over her social issues and until that happened, she would resume doing things on her own. Sure, there was the potential of being killed while training, but they would find her body eventually and surely they would ensure it got buried. Chewing on her bottom lip, Faithy headed towards the door only to be stopped by the kid that had been talking to Noirre previously.

Maybe he wants to know stuff about her that he couldn’t ask her? There isn’t any other reason he could possibly be coming over to talk to me, right?

Standing quiet and trying to keep eye contact with the man who introduced himself as Skylark, Faithy felt her stomach dropping when he mentioned wanting to talk more about her experiences inside the training grounds. Why on Earth did she open her mouth? She knew better than to talk about herself to others because ultimately they would ask questions. Chewing on her bottom lip even more, she released a heavy sigh and shoved her hair out of her face. After what seemed like forever, she decided to answer him so he didn’t think she was rude.

“Eh… my name is Faithy … or Faith, I guess. I uhhh… I guess we could talk about the training grounds, but not here. I don’t want a lot of people knowing stuff about me. So, if you still want to talk about it, come to my room before the dance.” Digging in her pocket, she pulled out a piece of paper and pen and scribed her room number and phone down on it. Staring at it a moment, she hesitated before handing it over towards Skylark.

BOO!

Bitey

Country
      USA
      AL Points

"Guys guess what!"

If for any reason they had forgotten about her, Aeri was good and getting all their attention once again. She was in the middle of chewing but something really exciting must have happened in the time she had been away because eating her food somewhere else away from her friends? Now that was unlike her...what was going on?

"You'll never believe what happened!"

The voices of the area came to a hush.

"Well...you all know Brittany right? She's also a third year and was the president of the social committee well anyway she had to transfer to a different Garden because her family moved away so the committee just asked ME if I would be the president! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!"

She hooked arms with Faithy and a new boy standing near her and let out a squeal of excitement!

"AND! They pushed up the dance to TONIGHT to get rid of the social anxiety of trying to find dates...especially for the first years because it might be off-putting. It's going to be just a fun time with no pressure! Wow can you believe it?! Everyone should start getting ready BECAUSE the social committee decided to make this focused around a costume theme so if you have one come in one! I need to start posting these flyers and spreading the word but the headmaster should be making an announcement over the P.A. system fairly soon. See you guys later!!!"

And as quickly as she came she was just as quickly out of sight again.

OOC: Hope you all are still interested ^_^ @Rukia @Necromancer Noir @Deadlark @Doge Cyddlu @Firewolf @Faithy No More @Flandre Scarlet @Undersiej @Ioreth Undead @Scehryn

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

Ehryn shrank down in her seat as the excitable girl nearby suddenly announced her promotion to president of the dance committee and the date change – she was a little disappointed, since organising things was fun and she had hoped to help out, but at least she wouldn’t have to agonise over meeting people and getting dates... she could skip it altogether weeks earlier than expected! She allowed herself a tiny smile into the scraps on her plate, this would save her a lot of worrying.

Since the conversation she had intended to join seemed to have finished she got up and excused herself quietly, unsure if any of them had even heard her, and went to take her tray to be cleaned. Breakfast had taken way longer than she expected and she still had no idea where she was meant to go next so she just hung around the entrance of the canteen, hoping to spot more students who looked like first years so she could discreetly follow them. Ehryn had long since mastered the art of inconspicuous following; in her last school she had often just been called “ninja” because half the students couldn’t remember her name anyway, and the other half had decided she was just too damn quiet for her own good – or theirs. Someone had tied bells to her once, she remembered with a half smile, and when the bells showed up tied to the flag pole on the roof of the school the rumours had run wild. Of course, there was a perfectly natural explanation for it, but she hadn’t ever let on her little secret.

<3

Loved

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Skylark didn’t know exactly how to react. He was in the middle of his conversation with the girl who had just informed him her name was Faith. She’d told him she’d be willing to discuss the training grounds with him, when all of a sudden the same loud whirlwind that had taken the cafeteria by storm earlier in the day blew up and linked arms with him, squealing like a tween at a Justin Bieber concert about some dance going on tonight.

The whole situation was rather awkward for him. He wasn’t a fan of being touched by people he didn’t know, and he had to quell his reflexive reaction to throw the girl to the ground when he realized she was just an excitable female rather than someone trying to assault him. He didn’t have to tolerate the treatment very long before she was on her way out, leaving him rather stunned and confused.

The girl before him had obviously dealt with her before, as she didn’t miss a beat in their conversation.

“So, if you still want to talk about it, come to my room before the dance.”

She scribbled down a series of numbers for him on a scrap of paper and handed it to him. Skylark graciously took the number and pocketed it, nodding his thanks.

“Don’t get me wrong,” he said, beginning to apologize before he continued, “I’m sure it’s not your intention to put me in an awkward situation. Where I’ve been the last four years, though, they harped at me for hours on end at least once every six months about being alone with females. I know this is a completely different environment, but for your sake as well as mine, I think it would be more socially acceptable if we were to meet somewhere a little less intimate than your personal quarters. Likewise, before the dance sounds like a pretty small window of time and could lead to even more suggestive assumptions from the rest of the student body. I’d like to avoid making the rumor mill my first day on campus, if it’s all the same to you. How about I set up a time with you sometime after today and meet in one of the booths or tables at the quad or in the library? It seems like we should be able to get away from enough prying ears there while still being publically visible so as to not generate any kind of controversy. Classes start tomorrow and I have three. My last one gets out at 3:45. Would you want to meet somewhere around 4? The library sounds like it might be the best bet to avoid people.”
      Regarding Sun Tzu and War:"Then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal on Earth. And then he herded them onto a boat. And then he beat the crap out of every single one of them. And from that day forward any time a bunch of animals are together in one place it's called a zoo!

... Unless it's a farm!"

Useless things are always out of place.

Content

Country
      Finland
      AL Points

It was hard to say how long Noirre had sat on her seat, staring at the piece of paper in her hands. The clatter and chit chat of the cafeteria had muffled into an undistinguishable background noise in her ears. A phone number! A boy's phone number! And she had not even asked for it, he gave it of his own accord! That must mean... that she had not fucked up completely, right? A wide smile started to spread on her face. She could hardly wait to tell Aeri about it! She folded the phone number and having no pockets in her clothes, discreetly slipped it under the left strap of her bra. She would kick herself if she lost it, and from there, it would not fall off.

As Noirre rose up from the table. her excitement was reigned in a bit by her grumbling stomach reminding her that she had not actually eaten yet. Eager to rejoin the company of her best friend, Noirre went to buy a sandwich and a take-away coffee she could carry with her to their room, should she be able to convince Aeri that there was interesting gossip to be shared, and it could not wait because she was about to burst. But when Noirre was returning to their table, she suddenly realized that Aeri was not sitting there anymore. Noirre looked around herself, puzzled, but her roommate was nowhere to be seen. Aeri was not the type to leave early when socializing was to be done, so she must have had something to do or someone else she wanted to talk to in private. Feeling a bit disappointed, Noirre decided she would head to their room already. Guess I can unpack and hog most of the closet space while I wait for her, she thought.

But when she was about to leave the cafeteria, close to the door, she saw Skylark talking to Faithy. Noirre stopped on her tracks, not knowing what she should say to him. She was not prepared for this yet! I wonder if it's lame to say "hi again"... she thought, suddenly feeling very desperate over the fact that Aeri had already left. For a moment she contemplated sneaking out of the café, hoping they would not notice her, but right then, her eyes met Faithy's and she realized she had been seen. Even if Faithy hardly was the type to get mad if people didn't say hi to her, Noirre knew that she would feel weird about leaving if she pretended they had not seen each other. She sighed and made her way towards them.

"Hi Faithy," she said and smiled, and then looked at Skylark, "and Sky. Um... Would either of you happen to know where Aeri went? You know, my wonderful, tiny but really loud roommate." She added, realizing Skylark would probably not know who she was talking about otherwise.

Thank your Jouro <3

Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
      Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell?
      Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
      Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
      Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
      Carue: if you like
      Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
      Carue: but you can have it

B.O.R.E.D.

Wtf

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

Faithy was in the middle of the conversation with Skylark when Aeri suddenly shouted out in the middle of the cafeteria. Blinking, she glanced over towards her overly excited friend was super happy that Brittany was gone. Brittany was a slut and always picked on her, so Faith was very relieved to hear that she was no longer going to be at the same school as them. Before she knew what was happening, Aeri was suddenly between her and Skylark and had both her arms wrapped through one of theirs. Blinking at the girl, Faithy tried to keep from wincing when she shouted far too close for comfort.

The rest of the news wasn’t all that exciting to her. She really just didn’t care about the dance, but seeing her friend happy and eager was a good thing, so she smiled and gave a thumbs up at the news. Her grin faded as it was revealed that the dance was supposed to be a costumed dance. That definitely meant she was not going to be going. Even as Aeri rattled off all the things she had to do, Faithy was focused on how to get out of the dance without people noticing. Well, of course the only one that would probably notice was Aeri, but the girl was probably going to be too busy with the dance preparations to even notice. Sighing as her friend rushed out of the cafeteria, the young woman glanced over at Skylark with an apologetic look. Sometimes Aeri was a whole lot to handle… well, most of the time, she was. Resuming where she stopped off at, Faithy handed over the paper that had her information upon it.

Expecting him just thank her and move on and not actually hit her up and talk about whatever it was he wanted to talk to her above, Faithy shifted her attention towards the ground as he began to go into this long speech about how rumors could be started if he were to go to her room to talk with her. Her face immediately turned bright red because she hadn’t thought about that, but now that he mentioned it, she realized her mistake. Luckily he had an alternate place to meet and an alternate time, which suited her fine. This way she could sneak into the training grounds and stay there until the dance was completely over. Chewing on her bottom lip, Faithy glanced back up at him, hoping her face was no longer flushed.

“Err, yeah, the library is a better idea. Meeting at 4pm would work out fine with me. My final class also gets out at 3:45. I’ll uhhh… see you then, hmm?”

She wasn’t quite sure how the conversation tomorrow was going to go, especially since she was so awkward around people. Luckily, she didn’t really find him attractive; more like a friend; because if she did, well then all bets would definitely be off. Speaking of people finding Sky attractive, Faithy spotted Noirre and hoped the girl didn’t think that Faithy was trying to take the guy she liked. Nodding towards Noirre, she slid a few strands of her hair out of her face.

“Hey, Noirre. Aeri just left the cafeteria after prattling on about having to put up fliers and other stuff since they moved the dance to tonight. You can probably find her rushing up and down the hallways or maybe in the office doing what needs to be done since she is now the President of the social committee. Sorry I’m not more help. Later you two…” Slinking out of the cafeteria, Faith made her way to her room with a heavy sigh.

Sometimes the only victory is to not let your enemy win.

Bitey

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

Gaz sighed as the storm passed through the cafeteria and left as quickly as she had came and started to wonder who in their right mind on the committee had chosen Aeri to replace the chairperson, it was probably a good choice but it increased the chances of him being swept up in some crazy plan of Aeri's design and made it more likely he'd end up having to be sociable. Noticing that nearly everyone who had been in the conversation earlier including that new girl no one had seemed to have noticed were gone or now in separate conversations Gaz choose that moment to slip away from the cafeteria. Somehow managing to escape the cafeteria without getting bogged down by both the influx of students wanting breakfast and those wanting to speak with him Gaz made his way back to his room and started searching through his bags, after a few minutes of cursing and much of the contents of the bag being thrown about the room he found what he was looking for. It was his deck of Triple Triad cards that he had decided to bring with him this year, he wasn't sure if anyone on campus even knew how to play but he had enough spare cards he wouldn't miss to hand out a couple of free decks if anyone did want to play and maybe if he was lucky he'd maybe find someone with a rare card or two. He currently only had one rare card but who knows what the day may bring.

Deck in hand Gaz left his room and decided to make his way towards the library for now, if he was lucky maybe he would some either someone wanting to play or willing to learn the game but if their was no one then he could simply pass the time reading through the library's extensive collection.

Cheers to Revy for the set!

Like some of them seemed to do Siej pulled a paper and wrote his information and room number down for anyone should they want help with Training, Magic or GFs,. as those were his fields of expertise. He was about to take the last bite of his egg and bacon sandwich when his phone vibrated in his pocket as it played some victory Fanfare. With a grunt he stuffed the last of his sandwich in his mouth before lifting the device to his ear.

"Hello? ... It's arrived already? ... Meet me in room 209 in five minutes. Did you get the bullets? ... Well that's even better! Bye." He shut the screen with a small click and turned towards the others. "My gunblade's here! I'll be in room 209 if anyone wanted Ice or Water or want to trade Magic before the dance. I'm gonna get cleaned up so laters."

He stood up and removed himself from the awkward seat and scraped his debris into the trashcan before he found himself walking in the halls of Balamb Garden. He looked towards the training area where he could see a few of his classmates practicing summoning their GFs, a phoenix and some sort of other bird. He stood there admiring their radiant auras for a moment before he realized his contact and deliveryman was walking further down and around the other side of the main hall with a large and rectangular box with two smaller but similar boxes on top. From this distance he seemed to be wearing something large around his shoulders that looped across his torso, but from this distance it was impossible to tell what exactly it was. He thought of shouting to the man but thought better of it; he'd rather have it delivered to his room so he could have a pen to sign for it... and impress the others by flaunting it in the hallways before leaving it in the training grounds. In fact, he'd probably lug it around to his various classes until around 4 if none of his teachers said anything. He began walking on his side towards the dormitory, smiling smugly to himself. He was greeted later at his door by his friendly contact, a man wearing military styled clothing and boots.

"Thanks Archer, this'll come in handy next time that T-Rexaur comes stomping my way."

"That's what she said when I asked at the Training grounds. I've seen you eat those things for breakfast man, what's wrong?"

"Since I sold the relic dad gave me a few years ago I've been off my game. And he won't let me borrow the gunblade of his so it's just the rope dart and my fists."

"Well you're in luck," Archer said whilst handing Siej the twin smaller boxes which turned out to be shells. He had saved up 10,000 gil for this so he expected the best, though being Hyperion shells he assumed the next Rex better watch his step. He fumbled with his keys for a moment before opening the door to a mess of a room, with two other rooms at opposite ends of the larger interior room. Here he made his way to the table which had a series of pistols, mostly Glocks and weapons magazines fanned out on the corner. He cleared a space for the boxes, knocking his ashtray to the floor. He'd just cleaned it, so thankfully nothing spilled. He wasn't even supposed to be smoking on campus but he febreezed every time he smoked out the window so nobody really knew other than his now dead roommate. Nobody else knew or cared, though he figured the pot had clouded his friends' judgement that fateful day. He turned to his dealer and smiled, for he saw a brutal weapon.

"It's basically a shotgun with a sword attached."

"Well, it's beautiful and it's yours now. Your parents already sent me the money so we're cool. Just sign here." Siej signed the slip and looked at Archer with a quizzical expression.

"What was that other thing I needed to know about it? You said something about it not needing shells?"

"Well of course you have these Hyperion shells, and you can have these two ammo belts as well," he started by handing the belts to Siej who placed them on the table as well. "And they're the best I've been able to get. Military grade, special order stuff. I promise when you pull the trigger the thing or person on the other end of it will be splattered all over the wall and maybe you as well. Then the shells compression from the impact causes a chain reaction that will set your target aflame, leaving no trace of the pellets you'll be firing. Unfortunately they run out, and when they do this little baby can still slash and shoot whatever you need it to. It harnesses the power of your GF! Just Junction uh..."

"Fugo the Hellhound or Gnarus the white dragon."

"Right. Uh.... anyway you can do that to fire a blast of magic at your enemy. It might tire your GF if it's weak but even if you can't blast them you can slash them with that three-and-a-half foot blade on the underside. Also, she holds 6 shells, one in the chamber. All the shells are surprisingly lightweight given that they're only partially metal and mostly chemical."

Archer stepped towards the door before adjusting his hat, moving to open the door. His head turned, but his body didn't stop moving as he spoke.

"As our most valued, and my personal favorite customer, I hope to see you again soon. Just don't get yourself killed."

"Be safe and thanks."

"Now remember what I said last time about tiring out your GF too soon and you should do fine when the exams come." He stopped, half-way out the door. "By the way, given that you helped me clear that nest this summer I'll talk to your teachers about your volunteer and extracurricular activities this summer. Let's see if we can't get you into the advanced combat classes and get you takin' the exams a year early like I did."

Archer had been a student at Balamb some 10 years ago and has ever since been selling weapons and armaments to the school, having started his own weapons manufacturing company on the nearby continent. He often sold weapons to his parents and his family so they were good friends. Many times Archer had asked Siej to follow him to some places here and there to kill monsters. Not exactly as hardcore as some of the missions he would be facing as one of Balamb's finest, but they were meritorious at least. Archer had nearly died when his GF had been killed in combat by a Behemoth but Gnarus took it down faithfully, rending it with its claws.

"I appreciate that. By the way, what can you spare in the way of magic? I've got all the ice you could ever want and even some water magic in the room back there. John left plenty Scan and Aura so I can share, but I need to Draw some Aura for next time. But I need Sleep and erm... I think... Tornado?"

"Tornado's the good stuff, so it'll cost you."

"I'm broke. Try out some magic."

They proceeded to retreat to Siej's room while he closed his door and lit a cigarette. There, the bartering began.
      All men die but not all truly live.
      All Characters and Works © Undersiej

We should give an execution menu to the convicted. God that would be awesome.

Can you even imagine?

You could get a butterfly ballot a week before your execution, and punch out a box next to () Public or () Private and () Electric Chair, () Guillotine, () Hemlock, () Firing Squad, () Fire, () Bears, () Ritual Sacrifice, () Sodium Pentobarbitol, () Gallows, () Wicker Man

<3

Loved

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Skylark nodded and raised a hand in farewell as Faithy left, leaving him with Noirre in an awkward silence. He wasn't sure exactly what to say, so he figured he'd just lead with recent events.

"So that's your friend, Aeri?" he asked rhetorically, "She seems very nice. I just feel bad for her trying to throw together a dance at the last minute. How do they expect anyone to get dressed up in a proper costume with only a few hours' notice? I don't know if I even have anything I can throw together. Probably just put on some old army gear and make something up. Zombie apocalypse survivor or something. I assume, being Aeri's friend, that you knew about this plenty in advance and no doubt have something amazing already figured out, hmm?"

... Unless it's a farm!"

Useless things are always out of place.

Content

Country
      Finland
      AL Points

Noirre bit her lip and almost yelled after Faithy to stop her from leaving her alone with Skylark, but it was too late. The girl was already gone. For a moment Noirre was a bit worried at the way she left, thinking she might have interrupted something. She'd have to seek Faithy out later to ask her if that was the case. Noirre turned to face Skylark, smiling awkwardly, the piece of paper with his phone number tucked away under her bra strap burning a hole to her chest. She tried desperately to think of something to say. She resisted the urge to sigh out of relief when he was the one to break the silence, asking her about Aeri and the dance. Tonight, huh? Well, I guess I don't have to bite my nails for months wishing he'll ask me out... she thought, feeling a bit depressed at the sudden certainty that he wouldn't ask her anyway. He hardly seemed like the type to dance.

"--I assume, being Aeri's friend, that you knew about this plenty in advance and no doubt have something amazing already figured out, hmm?"

Noirre stared at Skylark and blinked.

...Ohhhhhh fuckety fuck fuck fuck. She cursed heartily inside her head, realizing that Skylark had just said he'd attend and that she, on the other hand, had absolutely. Nothing. To. Wear. Nothing cute enough, for sure! Any other day she would have put on a beak and yellow clothes and gone around saying "Kweh!" and had a hearty laugh about it, but she could hardly pose as a giant chicken if he would attend. Desperate measures were needed, right now!

"Heh, I'm afraid I was kept in the dark", she said, thinking she'll strangle Aeri if she had known about this in advance, "which is why I think I'm going to go now and turn my suitcase upside down in a desperate attempt to scavenger hunt, so that I don't have to pose as a nude model..." she continued, mumbling the last sentence more to herself, only realizing the imagination-provoking effect it might have after it was already out of her mouth. She flushed red and avoided eye contact with Skylark, taking a step backwards both in an attempt to flee her embarrassment and to get ready to sprint to her room and unravel her bags as soon as possible.

"Um so, mm, see you tonight?"

Thank your Jouro <3

Carue: I think Noirres a bit of a legend
      Noirre (Mod): In what way, pray tell?
      Carue: well you're a rather good writer, pleasant, friendly and good looking
      Noirre (Mod): <3 you silver-tongued devil
      Shadicara: Silver? Carue can I have your tongue?
      Carue: if you like
      Carue: its licked Noirre's bum just now
      Carue: but you can have it

Double

Cocky

Country
      Australia
      AL Points

”Classes start tomorrow...” Ehryn overheard another student say and she heaved a sigh of relief. That certainly explained why everyone was taking their sweet time. If she’d been on time she would certainly have known that, but she had been in too much of a panic to think of that this morning.
      At least she knew her room number, so she quickly fled the cafeteria to find her dorm room and deposit what few items hadn’t been delivered from home. She felt a bit stupid staying on site when she lived so close to the Garden but her parents had insisted that she live away from home while studying, probably in the vain hope that she would make some friends and stop being so pathetically shy. Ehryn shuddered at the thought. Her first attempt at making friends and being conversational had been disastrous and she had no reason to believe that any future interaction would be any different. No, she would just have to suck it up and keep her head down, try to work hard and pass her exams and then she could leave studying behind and focus on becoming a nice, safe hermit.
      Entering her dorm Ehryn was relieved to see that the room opposite hers was empty; apparently nobody had been assigned to room with her and she was glad she wouldn’t have to make awkward small talk with someone every day. Tossing her bag on her bed she flipped through the welcome pack on her desk – no doubt left there by whomever delivered her cases – to find out when her classes were the next day. She studied the map and the required reading list, trying to memorise everything. In here she was much more relaxed and confident in herself.
      ’Well,’ she thought, ’I guess I’d better get some practice in myself.’
      Concentrating hard the shy girl summoned her GF, Sehkmet, and the lioness appeared before her with a soft roar. Well, that hadn’t been so hard, and Ehryn was pleased to see she hadn’t forgotten how in the months between her last need for the healing effects of her Guardian Force. Dismissing the feline she checked her junctions, pleased to see she had more Curaga than she’d thought so her stats were in good order.
      Clicking her tongue thoughtfully she tried to think of what else she could do today, since it was still only mid-morning and nothing seemed to be happening until tomorrow.
      “I guess I’ll go... wander... around...” Ehryn said quietly to herself, unpacking a few items from her backpack and dropping some more in. It wouldn’t hurt to explore a little bit and try to find out where everything was since she had been a little bit dazed during her last visit to the Garden. So, with a deep breath and a racing pulse, Ehryn left her dorm and ventured back out into the relatively unknown.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information