• Wtf
  • zzzz
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Temp

Godly

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

The Gunpowder Plot Sign Ups & Brief description and RULES!!!

The Gunpowder Plot of 1605, in earlier centuries often called the Gunpowder Treason Plot or the Jesuit Treason, was a failed assassination attempt against King James I of England and VI of Scotland by a group of provincial English Catholics led by Robert Catesby.
      The plan was to blow up the House of Lords during the State Opening of England's Parliament on 5 November 1605, as the prelude to a popular revolt in the Midlands during which James's nine-year-old daughter, Princess Elizabeth, was to be installed as the Catholic head of state. Catesby may have embarked on the scheme after hopes of securing greater religious tolerance under King James had faded, leaving many English Catholics disappointed. His fellow plotters were John Wright, Thomas Wintour, Thomas Percy, Guy Fawkes, Robert Keyes, Thomas Bates, Robert Wintour, Christopher Wright, John Grant, Ambrose Rookwood, Sir Everard Digby and Francis Tresham. Fawkes, who had 10 years of military experience fighting in the Spanish Netherlands in suppression of the Dutch Revolt, was given charge of the explosives.
      The plot was revealed to the authorities in an anonymous letter sent to William Parker, 4th Baron Monteagle, on 26 October 1605. During a search of the House of Lords at about midnight on 4 November 1605, Fawkes was discovered guarding 36 barrels of gunpowder—enough to reduce the House of Lords to rubble—and arrested. Most of the conspirators fled from London as they learned of the plot's discovery, trying to enlist support along the way. Several made a stand against the pursuing Sheriff of Worcester and his men at Holbeche House; in the ensuing battle Catesby was one of those shot and killed. At their trial on 27 January 1606, eight of the survivors, including Fawkes, were convicted and sentenced to be hanged, drawn and quartered.
      Details of the assassination attempt were allegedly known by the principal Jesuit of England, Father Henry Garnet. Although he was convicted of treason and sentenced to death, doubt has been cast on how much he really knew of the plot. As its existence was revealed to him through confession, Garnet was prevented from informing the authorities by the absolute confidentiality of the confessional. Although anti-Catholic legislation was introduced soon after the plot's discovery, many important and loyal Catholics retained high office during King James I's reign. The thwarting of the Gunpowder Plot was commemorated for many years afterwards by special sermons and other public events such as the ringing of church bells, which have evolved into the Bonfire Night of today.

Thank you Wikipedia.

Here are the Rules, the first section will be for the GD side of the game.

House of Commons and Parliament - Crazy League

The Royal Court = General Discussion

This Game Will run in both CL and GD as a joint venture into the land of Crazy Discussion, a realm unknown. Splitting the game in two allows for it to be easy to separate the two ways of playing the game and to ease confusion as this is a new concept.

The Duties of the Crown.

The Game will last for 18-21 "Game Days", during which time Parliament must be held at least once a day for 2 hours.

Parliament can only be called to session by the Chancellor, and can be called at any time. Once the Parliament session is over, the Game Day ends.

The King must attend a minimum of one third of the Parliament Sessions.

The Courts. via General Discussion

When Parliament is not in Session, the King will preside over the Courts of the Land, where the Lord Privy Seal will bring forth a daily suspect of treason.

The Suspect can bring forth witnesses from the house of commons which will be in CL, the people they choose will present character testimonies and from this and the Lord Privy Seals allegations the King will make a judgement, Life, or Death.

If Life the player has diplomatic immunity for one game day and can enter parliament unrestricted. Meaning if they are a plotter they have the chance to take out the King if he is in attendance.

If Guilty, the player can seek life by giving up one member of the Plotters and can remain in game but can become a target for the plotters if they choose to seek vengeance.

If Guilty but innocent of any crime, the King will be forced to attend the Parliament in session immediately after the trial to appease his elected ePlebs.

************************************************** ************************************************** ********

The House of Commons and Parliament.

The Lord Privy Seal, has at any time up to two spies in the House of Parliament. They work on behalf of the crown to help the Privy seal find the Gunpowder Plotters and remain hidden, if their identity is discovered the plotters can kill the spies. Spies cannot be re-recruited.

The Job of the Spies is infiltrate the plotters ranks and ultimately lead them towards Guy Fawkes. Once Guy Fawkes is found the game is over the History is safe.

Guy Fawkes, a character that only whose identity only I will know with the original Plotters.

Spies will be active PreGame and CAN be selected as Plotters from the start, allowing them to end the game quickly.

Plotters can be recruited at any time after one is captured no more than 2 at any one time, not including Guy Fawkes who stands apart.

Guy Fawkes can delegate the recruitment to other plotters to allow his identity to remain hidden, thus creating a barrier between himself and spies if necessary.

The Members of Parliament and the House of Lords will spend their time in here trying to figure out who is who, they can try and convince the Lord Privy Seal whom they believe to be plotters and can call votes, ultimately the Lord Privy Seal with his spy network can choose to ignore the vote.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

How the Plotters Attack

When Parliament is in Session, the Plotters can choose whether or not they believe the King will attend the current session and choose to attack.

There Will be 4 ways into Parliament.

The Main Gate
      The Sewers
      The Clock Tower
      The Chapel

The Chancellor before calling a Session will place guards at 3 of the entrances, the plotters must choose the unguarded entrance successfully if they are to gain entry.

If the King is not in attendance and they have gained entry nothing happens, and they must try again.

The King's attendance is at his discretion outside the one third rule, and does not need to announce his intentions to attend.

Parliament is held for 2 Actual hours from the time the Chancellor calls it into session and the plotters must use this time to get in, if they fail to do so, they will miss out on an opportunity.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Roles

King James Stewart, Sixth of his name of Scotland, and First of his name of England, Protector of the Faith: Tyrant? Or Bold Prottector? Master of Vvardenfell

His role is to Attend Parliament within the time limit rule and, decide who lives or dies in the Royal Court of General Discussion.

The Chancellor:

Calls Parliament to Session on a whim, or as a strategy to see who in game is online if an attempt it made. Can be approached by the plotters if they believe they can convert the Chancellor to their plan.

The Lord Privy Seal:

Spymaster, and District Attorney, brings before the courts the Accused and pursues their Guilt until the verdict is given, ruthless. Incorruptible

Spies: Unknown

Working under the Lord Privy Seal, they attempt to infiltrate the Inner Circle of plotters and find a way to Guy Fawkes himself, can converse via pm to the Lord Privy Seal. Only the Lord Privy Seal knows their identities. I remain aloof to their identities.

Guy Fawkes: Antagonist/Freedom Fighter?

Identity known by me and the original two at the off, can choose to reveal himself to other plotters if he trusts them. Only he will know the identity of his plotters, not even I will know this.

Plotters(Max 2): Unknown

They run the attacks on Parliament, Guy Fawkes can choose to do so as well but doesnt need to run the risk so long as he has plotters to do his dirty work. If found, convicted or captured they can choose to out fellow plotters to live or die a Martyr. If they choose life Guy Fawkes can choose to have them killed at the expense of a Parliament raid.

Members of Parliament and the Lords of the Realm: Can be recruited as plotters to replenish numbers of the Plotters and can through accusations at other members of treason, much like the Werewolf game votes will be taken, but the Lord Privy Seal can heed the majority or go with his gut instinct.

Winning Conditions for the Plotters: Parliament Blown up with the King and House in Session

Winning Conditions for the Royalists: Guy Fawkes is captured Alive and Burned at the Stake.

Here Comes the Mass Mention.. if you are missed worry not

Signed Up:

Skytuffin
      Pharaohatem
      Jouro
      Anni
      Mr. Envy
      Boot_stalolin
      ThaiNiTeddy
      Orange_
      Ioreth
      Alucard
      @Flandre Scarlet
      Willems Wouter
      Original Tuffin

I added Flandre cause he was cheeky XD
      Last edited by thederus; 11-22-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: cause thed is lazy and forgot to update the list
      Quote Originally Posted by Aeri View Post
      Thed you're hotter than lava

Chances are, in the end, I'll fucking kill you

Crazy

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Re: The Gunpowder Plot Sign Ups & Brief description and RULES!!!

hmmmm sign me up thed.

Administrator
      I've worked so hard on this day.

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      Blog Entries
      AL Points

I see the mention sign me up.

The Temp

Godly

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

You two have been added thanks for signing up XD

Memento Mori

No Mood

Country
      Romania
      AL Points

That's way too much to read

screw what ya heard!

The Temp

Godly

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

It's set up for role specific reading. So glancing at it is enough.

Random by default

Amused

Country
      Italy
      AL Points

If a glance is enough sign me up

The Temp

Godly

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

You are signed up @Anni go tell your minions to sign up too

Random by default

Amused

Country
      Italy
      AL Points

LOL I will

Count on me to half ass sets in Paint.

Sneaky

Country
      USA
      AL Points

Ohhhh my gosh. I read the story, but almost nothing beyond that >.> Someone please give this lazy girl a brief description of the game, and I'm in xP

: PROPERTY OF :
      Me
      Plate, 2016
      Kid, Make me horny again and you will perish .
      Bear

The Temp

Godly

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

Court cases assassins, kings, spies, votes winners and losers. Special roles are described when given.

Legendary Status

Ninja'ed

Country
      USA
      AL Points

another version of a Wolf game I'm in
      Check out my iAsylum Productions Graphics

The Temp

Godly

Country
      Scotland
      AL Points

Welcome XD

DeleteDelete

sign me up

:S

piglet goes wiggle

Happy

Country
      North_Korea
      AL Points

In

~CAKEIES~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information